Need a little fun and inspiration in the middle of the week? Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #47 has great home decor ideas, beauty and fashion, what to watch on tv and good reads. And so much more! Join us because Wednesdays are fun days!
Welcome to Wednesday Wishlist #47. We are so glad you joined in the fun! There are tons of interesting things to see and link to!
This post contains affiliate links. That means when you click on some of the links in this post and you make a purchase I earn a small commission at no cost to you. All my opinions are my own. You can view my full disclosure here.
I’m up first this week…
1. Summer is on my mind. Are you thinking about summer yet? And are you starting to get your home and outdoor areas ready for summer? Memorial Day will be here before you know it! Here are 30+ Tips For Summer Decorating to help you get started. And here is an easy and so pretty Peony Summer Wreath to make for your front door!
2. Reader’s favorites last week: This pretty wooden planter for the third week in a row, this beautiful, classic console table that has been a best seller more than I can count, these Windsor dining chairs, this seagrass wicker basket set, this pretty taupe, gold and white lamp, and this eucalyptus and lavender wreath.
3. Don’t throw away your dill pickle juice after all the pickles are eaten! I use it as a brine for boneless, skinless chicken breast! YUM! And you can make pickled veggies by boiling the juice in the microwave, adding the veggies, and refrigerating them. Oh, they are so good!
8. Fun Facts: We all probably would have guessed that vanilla and chocolate ice cream are two of the five favorite ice cream flavors in the world. Can you name the other three? Speaking of ice cream, what month of the year is National Ice Cream Month?
9. Here are some things you will need to make your favorite ice cream at home: my ice cream maker (LOVE), glass ice cream bowls, frozen fruit and gelato maker, waffle cone maker, and milkshake/ rootbeer float glasses.
10. Let’s keep the summer theme and think about easy ways to entertain. See Easy Summer Tablescape And Entertaining Ideas.
Answer to #8- Cookies and Cream, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Cookie Dough round out the top five! YUMMY! July is National Ice Cream month. Thank heavens we do not have to wait till them to eat it!
1. Do you love to update your outdoor spaces each season? We just gave our patio an easy and affordable refresh and this post talks about how to make your outdoor decor look new each season with minimal effort and expense.
2. CURRENT OUTDOOR DECOR CRUSHES:
UNDER $100: This delightful lumbar topiary pillow, this pretty understated ficus door wreath, these self-watering pot planters, this convenient deck box for outdoor storage, and this Polywood outdoor side table.
3. May and June have traditionally been the season of house tours in my neighborhood. Is it the same for you? It seems the perfect time to link you to the updated tour of my own home.
4. FASHION PICKS: Favorite summer looks include these adorable paper bag waist pants, this simple tank top with a great silhouette, these cute pleated shorts and this awesome relaxed linen blazer. I also just ordered these suede retro sneakers for summer touring in style!
6. OUTDOOR FURNITURE DEALS: This great looking outdoor dining set for 6 people (includes table, 6 chairs and cushions), this rattan outdoor seating group (includes sofa, ottoman and coffee table, plus all cushions, at an amazing price), this super comfy chat set (includes 2 plush chairs with cushions and a table), and this 7 person seating group (includes sofa, loveseat, 2 chairs and a coffee table, plus all cushions).
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG: I’ve just updated my shopping guide for vintage-inspired French farmhouse chairs. If you love pretty occasional chairs, be sure to check it out. I also shared these best tips for a great summer from 7 bloggers, where to get affordable plantation shutters for your doors and windows, and this feminine tablescape that’s plucked right from the vanity table (I used it for Mother’s Day, but it’s perfect for a shower or ladies’ luncheon as well).
8. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: Every summer, particularly when we’re away on vacation, we take a ratty old Sport Sac to carry our things to the beach. However, I hate to bother changing bags in the evening, only to have to change back to the beach bag the next day. So I’ve been looking for a nylon tote that’s durable enough to take to the beach, but still looks decent enough to wear to dinner. The winner: this simple, elegant, lightweight tote from Longchamp.
9. FAVORITE QUOTE: If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
10. UP NEXT: As mentioned above, we’re coming into the season of house tours and I have quite a few great ones lined up for you!
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) BEAUTIFUL WREATH IDEAS: it’s that time of year when a new door wreath is the perfect way to perk up your porch. I started looking online, and was impressed with the selection on Amazon. If you love pink, this generous 24 inch beauty is for you. With over 1700 ratings, and the “Amazon’s Choice” tag, this eucalyptus wreath is a budget-friendly choice. I love the colors in this summery wreath, and this gorgeous wreath combines eucalyptus and hydrangeas. This daisy and lavender wreath is perfect for summer, and although this colorful wreath is a splurge, it’s a stunner!
2.) DO BIRDS LOVE YOUR WREATHS? Every time I share a post about our front porch, I get emails and comments asking me how to keep the birds away. I never knew this was a thing, because in all the years we lived on Sutton Place, not once did a bird try to build a nest in my wreath. However, that all changed when we moved to Sugar Maple Court. Just a few days after I hung my spring wreath, a huge bird began building a nest. This bird was relentless, and after a bit of back and forth, I finally just removed the wreath. I then started looking around online for solutions, and decided to try the “snake trick.” Evidently, birds will not nest if they see a snake. So I ordered this set of fake snakes, and laid two on top of my wreath. I chose colors that blended with the wreath, and even from close range, the snakes are not noticeable. It’s been several days, and no nests. I’ll report back in another month or so, but I’m fairly confident that the birds are gone!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give, you get. What you see in others, exists in you.” ~Zig Ziglar
4.) WHAT I’M WATCHING NOW: So…are you all tuning in for the final episodes of This Is Us? I was literally sobbing during the show about Miguel. I’m very sorry to see the series end! I’ve also watched the first few episodes of Gaslit on Starz. Julia Roberts is amazing as Martha Mitchell. (The story is about Watergate and is very good, but you have to ignore the language.) One more suggestion…the Superstar series on Hulu. The latest edition is about Patrick Swayze, and it is fascinating.
5.) INSPIRING OUTDOOR SPACES: this farmhouse pool area is one of the prettiest outdoor spaces I’ve ever seen, this outdoor patio by Hannah Westby is sophisticated and cozy at the same time, a stenciled patio is the star of this stunning backyard retreat, and this covered patio is definitely someplace I would love to hang out!
6.) YOUTUBE RECIPE VIDEOS: if you need some inspiration for meal planning, take a look at Ree Drummond’s top 5 casserole recipes. Find more inspiration from Ina Garten’s 5 favorite recipes, including her chicken piccata and chocolate cake. I make my own version of her garlic roasted potatoes and they are a family favorite!
7.) This is definitely not my most glamorous link…but if you need to replace your garden hose, I have just the thing. When we moved to our new house, I wanted to simplify whenever and wherever I could. I decided my days as a hose wrangler were over! I ordered two of these 75 ft. coiled hoses and I love them. I chose the espresso color, and they look very nice with our siding. The hose is available in three sizes, and six colors.
8.) In case you missed it, I just shared a fun design quiz post. The goal of most home decor quizzes is to help you find your design style. Not this one! The purpose of this quiz is to get us all thinking about our design decisions, and how we could possibly think outside the box when planning our next project. Join in HERE.
9.) I want to let you all know that I’m finally feeling better after testing positive for COVID about ten days ago. I have been so careful since the very beginning of the pandemic, but recently felt comfortable enough to let my guard down a little. Big mistake! I felt awful for a couple of days, and after that I was just incredibly tired. I never had any trouble breathing, so I’m very grateful for that. Slow but sure, I’m recovering. Please stay vigilant…it’s no joke!
10.) Enjoy these pre-summer days!