Need a little fun and inspiration in the middle of the week? Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #52 has great home decor ideas, beauty and fashion, what to watch on tv, and good reads. And so much more! Join us because Wednesdays are fun days!
Welcome to Home Style Saturday #52! So nice that you are here! WWW is a great way to have a bit of fun in the middle of the week!
Lory’s up first!
1. The one thing that truly sets apart any home from the rest of the pack, no matter what your style, is the inclusion of vintage pieces. I particularly love to collect vintage silver and in this post I talk about what to collect, where to get it, how to display it, and more. And here are ideas for adding the finer things to your home on any budget.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES:
UNDER $250: This fabulous outdoor wall water fountain (or if you want to go slightly higher, I love this one too), this very special shell pendant light, this charming white rattan outdoor lantern, and this shapely outdoor accent table.
3. WHAT I’M READING: Vanderbilt by Anderson Cooper, chronicles the rise and fall of this legendary American dynasty. If you get the audio book, it’s narrated by Anderson Cooper himself… 🙂
4. FASHION PICKS: My latest obsession… layered necklaces! I can’t get enough of them. Whether you buy one piece that’s pre-layered, or you get several individual necklaces and layer them yourself, this is the look of the moment. Step 1, of course, is to start in your own closet to see what you already have. But if you want some of the new shapes, check out this wonderful triple piece that I just ordered, this terrific set of two, this sweet pearl pendant that would layer wonderfully with a simple chain, or this perfectly shaped etched coin set.
5. BEST SELLERS: Here’s what you’ve all been loving – this rattan table lamp, these botanical illustrations, this neutral area rug, this console table/desk, this pierced ceramic ginger jar, this rattan outdoor sectional, this cane laundry basket, this blue and white floral comforter, and my favorite Wolford tights.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared 5 sunny kitchen styling ideas for a cheerful summer, a casual summer gathering at home, an elegant tablescape for a 4th of July champagne brunch, and 8 bloggers’ best patio decorating tips.
7. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: I am not a pajama girl. But I do like a barely there tank top to sleep in. I just found these wonderful camisoles that are deliciously soft and silky, yet completely washable and I stocked up. Comes in two colors (although, of course, I got all black… lol!) Has adjustable straps.
8. FAVORITE QUOTE: “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer” – Anonymous
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Loved scrolling through the pics of this lovely home, especially the magnificent wine room! Just love how regal this entryway looks. This most majestic entrance is enhanced by exquisite molding.
10. UP NEXT: A look at summer travel with tips and visuals.
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) One of my favorite sites to visit for pretty and feminine products is Rifle Paper Co. Don’t let the name of their site fool you though…they have so much more than paper. Right now, they have some garden inspired floral patterns that are just beautiful. I adore this recipe box, and this beach towel would make the loveliest gift. Of course they have stationery, paper plates and napkins, and a selection of home decor that’s amazing. Check it out!
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big. Where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.” (Source unknown.)
3.) AMAZON FINDS I LOVE: this clear Museum Gel holds anything in place…think bins in drawers that slide around, leaning pictures, breakable items on shelves. I showed you these salt and pepper mills in my latest kitchen post, but I love them so much they are worth a repeat! Also kitchen related, I treated myself to Duralex glasses in this larger size, and this smaller size. They are made in France, and super break resistant. I’m working on our closet, and these hangers make everything look uniform and neat. Last, these little baskets are holding some doggie items on shaker pegs, and they are very convenient.
4.) As I was strolling through this slideshow of outdoor dining spaces, each one made me smile. Get ideas and beautiful inspiration at the link.
5.) Take a look at this renovated farmhouse in Connecticut that was gutted and brought back to life. I love the kitchen island!
6.) AFLORAL is having their semi-annual sale! They are offering 25% off select styles when you use the code SEMI. This olive leaf wreath is a great price, think ahead to next spring and stock up on cherry blossoms, or treat yourself to these sweet pink peonies. The sale runs through today.
8.) Here is a trailer for the 2022 season of Masterpiece Mystery. Grantchester is back and so is Miss Scarlett & The Duke. Yay!
9.) If you need a couple of summer dessert suggestions, I’ve got you covered! These sweet little blueberry cookies are delicious, and these old fashioned soft sugar cookies are easy and they melt in your mouth.
10.) In case you missed it, I shared ways to turn your backyard into a place for family fun and good times. Our grandkids are coming in August, and I’m getting ready! See it all HERE. Wishing you all a good week!
1. We all love home tours! And this summer I’m sharing three! The most recent home tour is our master bedroom dressed up for summer and the golf guest bedroom, our guest’s favorite room to stay in. Come see our Summer Bedroom Tour and get ideas for decorating your summer bedrooms. Other popular posts this week are The Evolution Of A Kitchen and 5 Savvy Ways To Find Budget-Friendly Home Decor.
2. It’s not too late to plant a garden in a pot, urn, or raised planter. Container gardens are easy to take care of and can be big producers giving you flowers, herbs, and even vegetables! If you are new to container gardens start off with herbs. You might like to read Herb Container Garden Guide and Everything You Need To Know About Container Gardens.
3. Decor Picks this week:
Under $50- great non-skid kitchen floor mat that looks like sisal, natural wood oval tray, Vornado mini fan (just got mine), this summery bamboo 20-piece flatware set, these anti-curl rug grips, this stacked silver stretch bracelet, and this darling white raised planter.
4. Microwave cleaning tip: In a microwave-safe glass bowl add 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup vinegar, and 1/2 lemon- squeeze the juice and put it and the lemon in with the water. Microwave for 5 minutes and let it sit for 2. Carefully take the glass bowl out and clean the microwave with a sponge or cloth. Easy and smells great!
5. Reader’s favorites from last week: Wow! Lots of us loved this pretty lacy sleeved crew neck tee! And this antelope pillow, and this indoor/outdoor bar cart, and this handsome rectangle magazine holder, and these glass storage containers, and this banana leaf rectangle tray.
6. Fun Facts: Yesterday was Flag Day so here are some interesting facts about the American flag. How many versions of the flag have there been? Do you know how the current design of our flag came about?
7. You will love these designer home tours: this beautiful historic home filled with such gorgeous decor, this quirky but lovely home, this more-edited home with lots of green, and a home on Nantucket.
8. Inspiration from the home tour videos above: Most designers over decorate, if you paint a room a dark color paint the doors and woodwork the same color too, you can see The Punctilious Mr. P’s Place Card Company here, layering decor is best done over time using a trial and error process, decorators collect books! Do you have a signature color? Love that idea! Be creative when setting a table. Paint your outside doors a pretty color!
9. Books, Movies, and More: If you like productions done by Jullian Fellows you can see Julian Fellows Investigates, a series about true unsolved crimes. Here is the latest book on my bookshelf. A movie that will inspire you. And an artistic pastime worth pursuing.
10. Cook spaghetti the easy way: Put 6 cups of cold water in a large frying pan. Add a box of spaghetti to the water and turn on the heat. Cook until al dente. You end up with cooked pasta and thickened liquid you can make into a sauce. Super easy!
Answers to Fun Facts: There have been 27 versions of the American Flag. The current design of our flag is an interesting story. It was not professionally designed. It was chosen out of 15,000 flag designs in a contest and picked by President Dwight D Eisenhower. The current flag was designed by a 17-year-old high school student Robert G Heft from Lancaster, Ohio. Thanks, Robert!