Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist #25. We all can’t believe we’ve posted 25 Weeks of the most fun and informative things! And to celebrate our 25th week Ann, Lory and I are each giving away a $75.00 gift certificate! Please stop at On Sutton Place (Target gift card) and Designthusiam (Pottery Barn gift card) to enter to win their gift certificates too.
Leave me a comment at the bottom of this post and you will be entered to win a $75.00 Amazon gift certificate from me! We will announce our winners on WWW #26!
I’m up first this week…
1. Christmas is only 2 1/2 weeks away! This is truly my favorite time of the year! Our home is dressed up and ready for lots of family who starting to coming next week. You might like to see our two Christmas home tours Here and Here.
2. Do you still need a few last-minute Christmas gifts? Great how about this fruit-infused sports bottle, this music and book reader I got for my little grandkids, this serving tray, this beautiful candle in a jar, my favorite crossover bag on sale, this fun gift for him, and this faux fur vest.
3. I love love love Christmas trees. Here are some on IG that are amazing… this blue and white Christmas tree, these red trees, this sassy tree, another blue and white tree, and this natural beauty. So many trees, so little time!
4. Here are some things that will make your home look and smell like Christmas… these cleaning products, this Frasier Fur candle, these to hang in a tree, this yummy gingerbread essential oil, and this will make your home smell like a Christmas cookie!
5. Most popular items on the blog last week… this oversized cashmere scarf on super sale, these pretty and comfy pants (3 weeks on a row), this console table (most popular item of all), and this pretty Kitchen Aid mixer.
6. Fun Christmas Trivia: In the original movie, Miracle On 34th Street, what real-life department store was featured? What modern day country was the real St Nicholas born?
7. Are you planning Christmas meals yet? We have a big Christmas morning brunch and have this delicious breakfast casserole very year. I’m also making this hearty soup for lunches and this family favorite slow cooker hot chocolate.
10. And if you need a little help getting into the Christmas spirit here are 10 Fun Ways!
Answer to #5: Macy’s, Turkey. You can read the story of the real St. Nick Here.
1. I love the look of antique and vintage pieces. They enhance every decor style from French to farmhouse to industrial to modern. In this two part post, one of my most popular to date, I talk about how to save money by mixing real vintage pieces with reproductions to decorate within your budget.
2. And btw, if you’re interested in updating your decor style, be sure to subscribe to receive my FREE guide: “20 Ways to Update Your Home for Your Changing Lifestyle“.
3. Some new favorite GIFT IDEAS that I found after I completed my gift guides: This ever-so-perfect travel jewelry case, this cuddly super-chunky hand knit throw, these graceful drop earrings, this terrific well-priced marble cookbook stand, this awesome eye shadow palette, these lush slippers that are way more affordable than Uggs, and this beautiful pendant necklace set. Oh, and for anyone who loves design, this Tom Ford coffee table book is a must-have.
4. Some DECOR PIECES that are enticing me now: Loving this leather butterfly chair at a great price, this sweet little bar cart is a great size to slip into a small space, I’ve been wanting this charming lidded basket for some time and I think now is the time, I’m crushing on this tufted wingback headboard, and I’m really loving the octagon shaped coffee tables I’m seeing everywhere.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I’m the chair of the decorating committee in my townhouse development and we’re tasked with renovating our community clubhouse. I started a Pinterest board that represents the look I’m going for and you can see it HERE. It’s a bit more modern than my own personal taste, yet has that wonderful rustic chic look that’s trending now.
6. I’m working on a master bedroom update and while I want to keep the almost all white linens, I just added this comforter and these pillow cases (in the grey) for a bit more interest. I just may be ready to give up the green walls, so I felt the bed needed just a bit more going on.
7. WHAT I’M LIVING IN THIS WINTER: these faux leather leggings, this super soft turtleneck (40% off), this cashmere travel wrap (on super-sale now!), this cable knit pom pom hat, this amazing toasty fleece jacket, and these must-have chelsea boots.
9. This week on the blog I shared this Christmas dining room decorated with my favorite tree, this elegant holiday table with the most realistic faux flowers you’ve ever seen, this welcoming Christmas guest bedroom, and these easy holiday decorating ideas for a small apartment.
9. UP NEXT: I have one more tablescape coming for Christmas morning brunch, but if you’re thinking ahead, I also shared this festive and pretty silver New Year’s table. A bonus is that the plates would be great for Valentine’s Day, as well!
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) When it comes to decorating crushes, one of mine is a lovely stack of wood cutting (or cheese) boards. I don’t have enough to make a stack, but I have sprinkled a few on my plate rack. These boards come in all sizes, and many different shapes. This round one is a favorite, and this one is a bit smaller, with a slightly raised edge. I love the rustic shape of this one, and this one is in my shopping cart!
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.” ~Alexandra Elle
3.) Do you use essential oils to ward off colds and the flu? This recipe was recently shared with me, and it’s definitely something worth trying. You need three oils: Tea Tree, Oregano, and Germ Fighter, all made by Plant Therapy. Uncap the three bottles. In the palm of your hand, add 3 drops of each oil. Rub the oils on the bottom of one foot, and immediately put on a sock. Repeat with the other foot. Do this at the first sign that you might be getting sick, in the morning and at night. Any brand of essential oil can be used. I like Plant Therapy because it’s pure, but reasonably priced.
4.) EASY DINNER IDEAS: I just made this beef barley soup, and it really hit the spot! I also made baked spaghetti, which we love because there are always leftovers. On the menu this week is my mom’s pot roast.
5.) One of the things about the Sugar Maple house that is very different from the house on Sutton Place is the color of the hardware. We went from an entire house of oil rubbed bronze to brushed chrome. I wasn’t sure at first, but decided to embrace the change! One of my favorite purchases is this beautiful kitchen faucet. I already mentioned our new bar stools, and we also splurged on this stunning light for our bathroom.
7.) FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG: Mary, Did You Know? by Pentatonix. The video on YouTube has been viewed almost 270 million times! It’s a beautiful and meaningful song, and even though it’s associated with Christmas, it can be listened to year-round. Definitely add it to your Christmas playlist!
8.) If you need a little something extra for your kids or grandkids for Christmas, I love the Wicked Good Slippers from L.L. Bean. I got the red ones from my granddaughter, and the brown ones for my grandson. They are super cute and easy for the kids to put on themselves.
9.) UPCOMING POSTS: a recipe for slow cooker chicken pot pie soup, our great room and kitchen decorated for Christmas, and a Christmas printables collection exclusively for my email subscribers.
10.) If you would like to subscribe to On Sutton Place and get all my posts, updates, and special offers emailed directly to your inbox, just click HERE. See you next week when we will announce the three giveaway winners!