It’s Wednesday Weekly Wishlist and that means fun, great info and lots and lots of pretty things! Can you believe we have posted 24 WWW’s? You want to stop back next week for a big surprise! But until them Ann’s up first!
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) FAVORITE RANDOM PURCHASES: when we moved to the Sugar Maple house, I needed a new floor mop. After asking around, I decided on this O-Cedar Spin Mop. It’s quite possibly the coolest mop ever made! I also just got this bolt of lovely ribbon, these dish cloths (love them), and these mirrors for our master bathroom.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “When you have the choice between being right and being kind, just choose kind.” ~Wayne Dyer
3.) This is not a Christmas song, but it’s uplifting and very special. It features Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith. Take a look HERE.
4.) A super easy, made-from-your-kitchen gift for family and friends are little loaves of festive quick bread. A few favorites are snickerdoodle bread, cranberry citrus bread, and eggnog bread with rum glaze. Yum! For that special touch, here are some printable gift tags for baked goods. The signup form is at the end of the linked post. If you are a current OSP email subscriber, grab your tags in the Members Only Library.
6.) “Feel good” movies currently streaming on Amazon Prime: Seabiscuit, A Good Year, The Blind Side, Mona Lisa Smile, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Little Women (2018). I’ve seen them all…more than once!
7.) One of my favorite food bloggers, Ali from Gimme Some Oven, just shared how to make the most adorable Christmas cupcakes. They are simple to do, and so cute!
9.) My days are beginning to return to normal. The past few months have been exciting and challenging, but I’m glad the move is behind us. We still have bare windows, boxes in the basement, and blank walls…but the Sugar Maple house is beginning to feel like home. I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your patience and kindness while I navigated this life change. Honestly, I underestimated the sheer scope of it, but thanks to my family, all is well now. I’m very much looking forward to what’s ahead.
10.) December is here…enjoy!
1. Happy December! I’m finding myself looking at the weather app on my phone hoping for snow. I’m one of those rare people who just LOVE snow! Here are some pretty fashions that will keep us warm in cold weather. I love this warm coat on a major sale! This beautiful classic cashmere sweater on sale, this pretty wrap I just bought so Bobby can put it under the tree (and I saved over $100.00), this stylish faux fur vest on sale too, and these sassy winter gloves on sale too.
2. It’s not too late to buy any Christmas home decor you need. Head over to the StoneGable Christmas Shop. Many of these items would make lovely gifts! Big sales right now!
3. Do you need a little Christmas Spirit? Everyone could use more, right? 10 Ways To Get Into The Christmas Spirit is a must-read!
4. It’s Christmas baking time! I’ve always loved making Christmas cookies. Here is a post with 10 of my favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes. One recipe makes 5 different kinds of cookies from one Mother dough. Here are some of my baking must-haves… these parchment sheets, the best baking sheet pans, this cooling rack, must-have Kitchen Aid Mixer (love the color), and this and this cookie cutter.
6. Last week’s favorite: these comfortable and smart pants, this pretty sweater, this white Alpaca Faux Fur tree skirt, this gingerbread village doormat, and this console I have in my foyer for the 4th week running!
7. I like watching Kinwoven decorating videos. Here is how to decorate the outdoor of a home. Very interesting!
8. Fun and useless fact of the week: What is the shortest sentence in the English language? Did you know that junk food is addictive as a drug? And what Christmas song was the only one to hit #1 on billboard’s Hot 100?
9. Did you see the designer Christmas garland I made for our mantel this year? You won’t believe the ratty garland I made it from. Come see how you can make a pretty garland for your Christmas home too!
Answer to #8: “I am” is the shortest sentence in the English language. The Chipmunk Song is the only Christmas song to hit #1 on Billboard’s Hot 100!
1. It looks like my most popular blog post for the season is the Christmas in the family room, featuring greenery and organic elements. Be sure to check it out if you haven’t seen it already.
2. PRETTY AND UNIQUE HOLIDAY DECOR: Here are some items you may not have seen before. This amazing ombre pink to white tree, these lovely downswept glittered feather cone trees, this enchanting (and very affordable!) fur tabletop tree, this beautiful pastel ornament set, this vintage-inspired golden metal wreath, this sweetly colored ornament bottle brush tree in urn, and this wonderful pink Christmas cone with baubles. Oh wait, one more – I have to share these adorable vintage bottle brush mini candle rings.
3. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: If you love a clean white look as much as I do, you must check out this beautiful holiday living room. This lovely dining room from one of my favorite blogs is oh-so-delightful with just a bit more color. And here is another nearly white masterpiece that’s utterly gorgeous.
4. Have I told you that I lost 25 lbs this year? Yes, I was dieting, but I also upped my work-out game to 5 days a week. I just realized as the weather gets colder I need some new workout gear, because I’m determined to continue my outdoor regimen through the winter. I needed longer leggings to cover my lower legs, so I got this 25″ one and this 28″ one (the phone pocket is a must!), and I needed a few long sleeve tops to wear under a sweatshirt. I got this half zip and this jacket. I also got this neck gaitor and these running gloves, so hopefully only snow on the ground will hold me back now. And btw, these are my go-to sneakers which I get every year.
5. And since I mentioned the weight loss, you may be wondering what I’m eating. In short, it’s mostly low carb. This BBQ chicken with roasted sweet potato & sautéed broccoli & onion is very yummy and a good representation of the way I’m eating. And while I do have the occasional sweet potatoes, it’s more often mostly veggies and protein.
6. When I did my holiday gift guide by category, I didn’t really do one specifically for men (other than the tech category), but here are a few of my fave gifts for guys. This soft-as-butter sweater, these cozy slippers, these comfy toasty gloves and this lush scarf. I bought each of these for my guys this year, but this is what hubby is getting.
7. Did you guys watch Peter Jackson’s 3-part series, “Get Back”, on Disney Plus this weekend? It was absolutely awesome! If you missed it, set aside some time – ok, A LOT of time – to see it. It’s a remarkable and intimate opportunity to witness the Beatles at work in January of 1969 as they created the album ‘Get Back’, culminating in their final live performance on the rooftop of Apple Records. Really, do not miss this one.
8. MOST POPULAR LINKS: Here’s what you all have been loving most. I can’t believe how many people bought the Anna Wintour necklaces! (I got my second color way today!!) Also super popular was this cane accent chair. Most popular holiday decor by far was this champagne tree. These mercury glass ornaments were a close second after the trees. And finally this watch band for the Apple watch appears to be going under everyone’s tree, as well.
9. This week on the blog I shared this classic elegant Christmas tablescape, this sweet little pink tree in the living room, these Christmas porch ideas from our tiny front entry, and this powder room makeover.
10. UP NEXT: decorating the guest room to welcome holiday guests!