Ann, Lory and I are having such a blast writing our Wednesday Weekly Wishlist and sharing them with you! These are my good friends and I’m learning so much about each of them! I think we are a great trio to work together and bring WWW to your too!
Guess what?…I’m up first today!
There are so many things on sale I’ve featured this week! Make sure to check them all out!
1). If I want to put my feet up for 30 minutes or so or walk on my treadmill I love to watch cooking shows! I have a new addiction! I’ve been watching America’s Test Kitchen! I’ve learned so much and it motivates me to make delicious food. My favorite episodes so far, How To Make The Perfect Roast Chicken In One Hour, How To Make The Absolute Best Baked Potato, and How To Make The Ultimate Cast Iron Steak With Herb Butter.
2. I have the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays on my mind so this week’s decor crushes are perfect for freshening up our homes before these holidays… this gorgeous modern wingback chair, this stunning coffee table, this substantial end table, these gold taper candle holders, this mirrored tray that would be beautiful with candles on it, and this beautiful sideboard! Right now they are all in stock and their ship dates are very soon! Yay!
3. On the menu last week, I shared my Make-Ahead Holiday Beef Brisket recipe. Even though it is only October, I encouraged my OTM readers, and now I’m encouraging you to try out this recipe before Christmas! It is one of my very favorite Christmas dinner recipes and it is so so easy to make! Just look at all the comments! Here’s my slow cooker, and here’s a beautiful platter to serve the brisket on or anything for the holidays! It won’t break, crack or chip and is good to 1,000 degrees. Perfect for a Thanksgiving turkey too!
4. I’m adding to my Christmas stash by picking up things I’ll need early. I just ordered this whitewashed wicker tree collar for our Christmas tree. And this white glittery ribbon, and this wrapping paper and this one too! And we just got this white cutout nativity scene for our front yard and this spotlight with a timer.
5. Here’s such a smart way to microwave food and not splatter it all over the inside of your microwave. Open up a non-cone coffee filter and place it over your food! Microwave and discard. Super easy!
6. Fashion Alert: I love love love boiled wool. And this gorgeous jacket is classy, classic, and stunning that will be in style for years! Too bad the model is not wearing it with a beautiful pair of black slim pants and some kind of bootie like these. I also love this crossbody tote (super cute and utilitarian) on sale. And I am wild about this dress I could wear to almost every occasion! This long sleeve tee and this one too.
7. Fun and useless facts: What is a blob of toothpaste called? What is the fear of beards called? There are so many men wearing beards and we should all be a bit afraid of some of them! LOL!
8. Did you see The Ultimate Guide For Decorating Your Home? It has EVERY StoneGable decorating post divided into categories! Use it as a guidebook to help you decorate anything! And here is The Best Of All Things Fall All In One Place Too!
9. Must see inspiration… this “trash to treasure” silver cabinet! The color! And this pie is a work of art! Did you know my Instagram account was hacked and held for ransom? I’m starting over again and would love your to follow me here.
10. Things I think I can’t live without besides Bobby…these around the house shoes, these sunglasses, these whole food capsules, this pillow, this cologne (just reordered), my go-everywhere crossbody bag that I’ve shown before but now is on sale, sea bands because I get horribly motion sick, and this amazing essential oil.
Answer to #7- A blob of toothpaste is called a nurdle. A fear of beards is called pogonophobia. I have pogonophobia when a beard is more than an inch or two long!
1. This week I shared my Complete Guide to Holiday Decor Trends and Shopping by Category, including wreaths, trees, ornaments, stockings and several other categories. I know it’s early, but we’re all hearing about delivery delays and if you want any new seasonal decor, now is definitely the time!
2. The pieces I’m most asked about in my current home are this super comfy sectional, this relaxed dining table, these versatile dining chairs, this pretty French desk (probably the number one most popular piece of all my links and currently on sale) and this tufted headboard from our master bedroom.
3. In addition to the holiday-specific decor featured in the guide above, these supporting pieces will help decorate my holiday home. I love this vase for greenery branches (I have the handled jug on the left, but love the others, too), this rattan basket for holding small sized trees or potted seasonal plants, this wonderful wooden bowl for displaying ornaments and other holiday fare, this cozy throw that I’ve already been wrapping up in and these charming candlesticks for a bit of evening candlelight. Oh, and I just may have added this sweet holiday pillow cover too!
4. TIP: Do you ever lose the end of a roll of tape and have to search for it and struggle to peel it up? The simplest easy-peasy solution is to use a paper clip to mark the end. You can find and peel back the edge every time.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: If you like whitened neutrals, this living room is just stunning. I particularly love the pair of chairs. How fabulous is this home bar? Makes my bar cart look pretty insignificant. I’m crushing big time on this bedroom/sitting room combo. Just love the gorgeous natural fabrics!
6. The 5 vintage-inspired reproduction pieces I would love to add in the next year are this sideboard cabinet, this relaxed linen sofa, this elegant coffee table, this lovely French style bed and this tall cabinet that I’d use as a bar cabinet in the family room. These pieces each strike the right balance between updated modern and vintage European-inspired style and would help refine my look and move my home towards the casual elegance I so enjoy.
7. FAVORITE HOMEKEEPING HACK: Downy Wrinkle Release spray – never iron a tablecloth or bed linens again. This spray is like magic! Spray it on, lightly smooth out the fabric with your hands, it dries wrinkle free.
8. We’re not quite ready for heavy outerwear here in the northeast, but mid-weight pieces are definitely in order. I’m all over the moto jacket trend, but as usual, I prefer a bit more refinement than rocker-chick style, so I just got this jacket with the gold trim, but also like this less costly longer option and this very pretty style (both on sale!). And are you guys doing the cape/poncho thing? I got this beautiful and versatile piece for my birthday and it comes in so many colors. It can be worn 4 different ways! Also loving this reversible one and this lightweight one.
9. This week on the blog I shared this Thanksgiving tablescape with a special centerpiece, these fall printables for the table including menu cards, place cards and napkin rings, this gift guide for hostess gifts, and these surprising storage solutions.
10. UP NEXT: I’ve already started ordering my own holiday decor. Expect to start seeing bits and pieces as things arrive… 🙂
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) I love a cute coffee mug…and sometimes I can’t resist adding another one to my already big collection! This garden party mug designed by Rifle Paper Co. for Anthropologie is pretty and personalized. Another fun choice, especially as a Christmas gift, is this Bundled Up monogrammed mug.
2.) For the past few years, during the holiday season, these gold bells have appeared all over Pinterest and Instagram. I decided this was the year that I would add this lovely accessory to my Christmas decor. I’m not sure exactly how, but I’m looking forward to finding just the right spot. I looked for inspiration pics, and pinned several images to my Holiday Christmas board. Take a look if you are interested! Here is another style you might like. Tip: from what I understand, these bells sell out very quickly..so if you want them, don’t wait!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “There is a price to pay for following your heart. But that’s part of the process. You might lose old habits, comfort, belief systems, material things, your ego, the approval of others and sometimes even friends. Do it anyhow.” ~Brooke Hampton
4.) Do you have a morning routine? Mine is very simple, and it could use a revision. Right now the first thing I do is make coffee, then read our local paper on my iPad. After that, every day is different. I would like to add at least 10 minutes of stretching after reading the paper, and then head directly to the shower. I have a tendency to get sidetracked, and this revised routine would help avoid that! If you have time, leave a comment, and please share how you start your day.
5.) The first thing that comes to mind when I think of fall baking is, of course, pumpkin recipes. It’s also apple season, and our favorite apple dessert is apple cobbler. Other delicious ideas are this honeycrisp apple salad, small batch crockpot applesauce, or apple buckle.
7.) While wandering around YouTube, I discovered this docuseries that’s coming to Disney+ just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. It’s called The Beatles: Get Back, and it’s “made entirely from never-before-seen, restored footage” from 1969. It ends with their legendary rooftop concert in London. Beatles fans get ready!
8.) I’m a sucker for a great organization idea, and when I saw this baggie organizer, I immediately ordered it. I admit that I initially hesitated when I saw the price, but I just couldn’t help myself! It’s not for everyone, but if your bag drawer could use some help, this is definitely a great answer. (It’s currently sold out, but I wanted to tell you about it anyway. If you want one, or want to give it as a gift, buy it now for delivery in time for Christmas.)
9.) Speaking of apple desserts, here’s one that I want to share because I haven’t had a chance to get it photographed. It’s called Apple Spice Dump Cake, and it was sent to me by an OSP reader. (Thanks Mary!) Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan and then layer the following: 1 box Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter, a 21 oz. can of apple pie filling, and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes. Sounds easy doesn’t it?
10.) This week on the blog I shared a huge Christmas decor guide. I know it’s early, but we need to think ahead this year!