I get Ann’s and Lory’s WWW early so I can add it to my post and oh, when I get them I can’t wait to read what they say and click all the links! So fun! I hope you feel the same way! Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist #17! We are so glad you are here.
I’m up first today!
1. I have such a good movie suggestion this week. My sister, Lisa, told me about it and we watched it last night. It’s called 12 Mighty Orphans. And it is based on a true story! It was wonderful! You can see the trailer here.
2. The number one question I get asked on the blog is “where did you get that”? Here are a few reader favorites… this beautiful rug, these curtains in natural, this console table, this drum chandelier, and this iconic spindle chair.
3. It’s not too early to talk about Christmas! I just ordered this gorgeous flocked tree. I really like its shape. And it’s not too early to start a few Christmas projects too! I love these beautiful blond pinecones! They are bleached. So easy! See the DIY here.
4. Bobby and I were eating in a restaurant this weekend that had shelves of books we could take home. Oh, I loved this idea! What fun to peruse books white waiting for dinner! I found a Pulitzer Prize book called The Overstory. Here are a few other books on my nightstand waiting to be read… The Long Weekend: Life In The English Country House, 1918-1939, Everything I Never Told You, and The Paris Wife.
5. Fun and useless facts: What animal can only eat with its head upsidedown? What is the only food that does not spoil? What year did Barbie And Ken break up?
6. Don’t miss The Best Fo Fall All In One Place Guide! I put all my fall posts divided into categories for you all in one post! This is a must-read!
7. I get a lot are about our kitchen. Here’s a few things to know. Our backsplash Calacutta Gold marble basketweave. And we used a very light colored grout. Our sink is a composite farmhouse sink in Truffle by Blanco. Our stove (super love!) is a 6 burner GE Cafe Collection range. Our countertop is Ultra White Quartz we found locally and our cabinets, like the rest of our home are painted Benjamin Moore Simply White.
8. I’m looking for well made, more utilitarian cooler weather clothing I can wear around the house and to go grocery shopping and things like that. I just ordered this smart Adirondack Barn Coat in olive but I like the Khaki too, these yoga-type pants, and this pullover.
9. Last week I wrote a post that has ALL of the fall posts I’ve written, organized by categories and all in one place! This is a must-read, keeper of a post! If you are looking for fall decorating, fall mantels and centerpieces, fall diy’s, fall recipes, and more! Lots more!
9. Today I’ll decide if this beautiful glass door console will work in my sunroom. Oh, I so want it to work! I need something low and not too too long. Here is the backup choice I like too… this one is a close second.
10. Maybe saving the best for last… I have fabulous news for Downtown lovers. A new movie is coming out in March of 2022! Yay!
Answer to #5: A flamingo is the only bird who has to eat with its head upsidedown. Honey does not spoil. The couple broke up in 2004 but got back together in 2011! Now you know!
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) So today I’m starting with a little story. Last weekend, my husband and I went on a road trip to Virginia to attend the Virginia Tech/Notre Dame football game. The night before we left, I waited until the last minute, and hurried to pack. When we got to our hotel the first night, I realized that I had forgotten all my tops. I had folded them neatly, but neglected to put them in my suitcase! I tried not to panic, but I wondered what in the world I was going to do. I texted my daughter, who googled the area and found a mall with both of my favorite stores, J. Jill and Talbots. We found the mall, and 15 minutes later, I left the J. Jill store with three new tops! I didn’t try them on, but I love them all. I got this cute flowered sweatshirt, a denim blouse, and a knit top (in mineral) that I can wear with jeans. We had a lovely time touring Monticello, and of course, The Irish won the game, so all’s well that ends well!
2.) It’s time to get out your dutch oven and make some comfort food! We have two favorites. The first is my mom’s pot roast recipe, and the second is super easy beef stew. Both recipes bake in the oven low and slow…and they are delicious. This is my 6.5 quart dutch oven in navy. It also comes in red, and dark gray. If you want one a bit smaller, I love this 5.5 quart dutch oven in matte white.
3.) I just shared ideas for putting together a fall gift basket. It’s such a lovely way to remember someone who has an autumn birthday…and it’s perfect for someone who is ill or recovering from surgery. See everything HERE. I also included some new printable fall gift tags!
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “One small crack does not mean that you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” ~Linda Poindexter
5.) Do you use wool dryer balls? If not, then you should give them a try! My daughter-in-law introduced them to me a few years ago, and I love using them. They help everything dry evenly and more quickly, they eliminate static, and they soften your clothes. These are my favorites.
6.) I don’t spend much time on social media, but I enjoy looking at YouTube in the evenings when I’m trying to unwind. Last winter, there was a viral recipe called Baked Feta Pasta that every food blogger was making. Take a look and see what you think!
8.) It’s not too late to get some mums and add a little autumn to your outdoor space. Here are 21 Magnificent Ideas for Potted Mums that should get your creative juices flowing!
9.) A few years ago, I stumbled upon this video from Kristene DiMarco and Bethel Music. Bethel Music is a “collective of worship leaders whose aim is to write and record songs that carry the culture of heaven and the heart of God.” The song in the video is called “It Is Well” and it’s loosely based on the traditional hymn “It Is Well With My Soul.” The second verse in the song goes like this: “Far be it from me to not believe. Even when my eyes can’t see. And this mountain that’s in front of me…will be thrown into the midst of the sea.” I have this song on a playlist on my phone, and whenever I feel overwhelmed or afraid, I listen to it. I can’t tell you how many times it’s saved me. I hope you like it.
10.) Our leaves are beginning to fall, the evenings are chilly, and the days are getting shorter. Enjoy these lovely and limited fall days!
1. Most of us enjoy decorating our porches and even our living rooms for fall, but have you considered decorating some of your less obvious spaces? Why not bring autumn into the bathroom where you get dressed or have your morning coffee in a kitchen decorated for fall?
2. One of my all time favorite chandeliers is on sale and it has a lovely vintage-inspired look. It would be charming over this wonderful table that I have in the breakfast nook. Give it a French look with these dining chairs or go a bit more farmhouse with these cute chairs. For a transitional look try these chairs which are on closeout special now. Pull it all together with this beautiful rug.
3. Looking for healthy dinner ideas? Here’s a great video showing how to make healthy homemade salmon burgers.
4. When it comes to personal style, my go-to look is a foundation of classic well-made basics (then add personality with unique accessories). So what are my favorite basics for this time of year? I have this soft and yummy sweater in 4 classic colors and I love the fit. My two absolute favorite straight leg jeans are this one and this one. For classic comfy boots I’m loving this pair now. Top it all off with this perfect fall jacket. Then add flavor with a great scarf.
5. What’s inspiring me around the web: I love a good conversation area and I’m crazy about symmetry. Wish I could lay out my family room like this. Here’s a stunning way to do fall in blue and white. I usually love all white for a bookcase but this is entirely different, dramatic and just gorgeous. Another lovely and unusual fall color story.
6. With holiday entertaining coming soon, I thought I’d share some of my best tabletop items. For Thanksgiving I love these chargers and for Christmas these are very special. I most often use either these classic white dinner plates or these exquisite textured cream ones. (There is also this better priced option.) I vary my salad plates for each event, but these are my best and most often used wine goblets. These perfect linen napkins are on almost every table I do.
7. I’m a huge fan of clever life hacks. Here are 50 useful life hacks to make life easier.
8. I just picked up this awesome eye shadow quad where each of the colors is great. No duds. Love the pink highlighter! I wear it with my favorite foundation and the only blush I use. This is the best nail polish I’ve ever used. Yes, it’s pricey for polish, but what I like to call affordable luxury. It really lasts longer and the depth of color in the various shades is gorgeous.
9. This week on the blog I shared a deeply personal story about what I learned as my aging parents’ caregiver, a lush centerpiece to go with this Thanksgiving table, the first stage of this dining room transformation (without replacing the furniture), and this richly colored fall mantel.
10. Up next: Thanksgiving entertaining and the holidays are coming!
So glad you joined us today!