Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Affiliate links included. See our Discloser Policy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. If you love rustic luxe, you must check out this Majestic Yet Cozy Christmas Cabin Decor from a Designer Show House I attended this year!
2. AMAZON PICKS: here are this week’s favorites from Amazon.
3. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared Decorating with a Fresh Christmas Color Palette (think bronze and brown!), this Elegant Christmas Kitchen Decor and these Christmas Decorating Ideas for a Tiny Front Porch.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50:
- This elegant gold leaf wreath.
- These charming handcrafted acorn cluster ornaments.
- This delightful velvet holiday bow pillow.
- The absolute best chunky knit stockings.
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100:
- This fabulous lit rattan stag wreath.
- This wonderful distressed wooden box tree collar.
- This cozy tartan sherpa throw blanket.
- My favorite pearl trimmed bottled brush trees (set of 3).
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200:
- This gorgeous pine and magnolia garland.
- This perfect flocked tabletop tree.
- This stunning woodland berry dinnerware set.
- This fabulous Santa’s sleigh ice bucket.
8. FASHION PICKS: Ok, the weather is really starting to get cold. Time to get the outerwear in order. My wardrobe consists of a favorite long black wool coat (with removable faux fur collar), a shorter camel car coat (perfect for running errands), my must-have puffer (I insist on a hood) and this season’s ubiquitous faux shearling aviator jacket. Now is the time to take advantage of the Black Friday deals!
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Mad about this stunning cottage with all that beautiful stone. Fascinating use of light and dark in this gorgeous home. Some really interesting details in this mostly modern home with elegant traditional detailing. (Be sure to scroll through all the pics on each of these.)
10. UP NEXT: vintage Christmas deco
On Sutton Place
1.) I just put together a collection of 25 holiday recipes that are perfect for the coming weeks. Included are desserts, non-alcoholic drinks, and quick breads. Just looking at the images made me want to head to the kitchen!
2.) Have you been wishing you could update your bedding…but don’t want to completely start over? One of my favorite ways to update our bedding is to add neutrals. Specifically, a neutral quilt. Soft ivory or white quilts go with any color or decor style. There are many price points, so this look can be achieved no matter what your budget. On the high end, this is a lovely flax linen, oversized quilt. If you have pets, this quilt works great because it’s super easy to wash and dry. In the middle price range, this quilt is cotton, and almost looks hand stitched.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times, what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
4.) INSPIRING DECOR IDEAS: the bows on this Christmas tree are so beautiful (I’m going to try adding bows to my tree this year), this blue and red plaid Christmas tree is simply stunning, this elegant yet welcoming Christmas living room is full of inspiration, and this family room decorated for Christmas is classic yet so cozy.
6.) FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG: Mary, Did You Know? by Pentatonix. The video on YouTube has been viewed almost 300 million times! It’s a beautiful and meaningful song, and even though it’s associated with Christmas, it can be listened to year-round. Definitely add it to your Christmas playlist!
7.) One of the easiest arrangements to throw together during the holidays consists of three things. First, some sort of bowl or tray. Second, fresh or faux greenery…and third, pine cones. Just layer the greenery in your bowl or tray, and nestle in the pine cones. (See the image above.) This is my dough bowl, but I love this one too, and this budget-friendly beaded wood tray would work beautifully as well! Get the dried limes HERE.
8.) STOCKING STUFFER IDEAS FOR KIDS: I put together a big list of ideas over on my Amazon page. Take a look HERE.
9.) Wishing you all a peaceful Thanksgiving!
1. Happy Thanksgiving Friends! I pray that you and yours have a blessed day full of many things to be thankful for and people to love! I am so thankful for you! Your support, kindness, and friendship have been a big blessing in my life. ❤️
2. The Christmas Shops at StoneGable are open. Browse for Christmas items you need or window shop for Christmas inspiration. Come check out all the items hand-picked with you in mind. And make sure you get your free copy of The Wonder Of Christmas lookbook, 37 pages of Christmas ideas to inspire you.
3. Amazon Finds: Here are my favorites from Amazon this week.
4. For many of us (except bloggers), this weekend, start Christmas decorating. Decorating For Christmas: Where To Start And What To Do is a post full of smart ideas that will help you decorate your Christmas home like a pro.
5. Holiday Style: these fun tartan holiday pants, this beautiful metallic crinkle top, this sequined cardigan sweater (LOVE), the V-neck tank that goes under the sequined cardigan, this pair of comfortable and fabulous festive flats, and the perfect and classy Holiday sweater.
6. Homes, Ideas And More: Here is Ruth At Hillside Farm making her favorite cornbread and getting ready for a dinner for 20. Don’t miss this English Country Home dressed up for Christmas. Although it is so grand, there are so many ideas to take away and use in your home. If you like classic, vintage Christmas style, you will love this stunning Christmas home.
7. Last Minute Thanksgiving Ideas: Here are Thanksgiving ideas that you can do today… Easy Cranberry Orange Sauce, Pumpkin Spice Cake From A Box Mix, and How To Create A Thanksgiving Morning Coffee Bar your guest will love. Thanksgiving can be stressful, and sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us. How To Love People Well Over The Holidays will give you a calmer and more loving perspective and help you enjoy Thanksgiving And Christmas more.
8. Fun And Interesting Facts: Who was the person whom Santa Claus fashioned after? What Christmas icons were named Rolo, Reginald, Flossy, Scratchy, Feckless, and Fireball?
9. I love to wrap gifts! I like to think the love in which gifts are wrapped is a gift in itself! Here is an old post with a video of How To Tie A StoneGable Christmas Bow. It’s so easy and looks beautiful on any package. In the post are lots of ideas for wrapping gifts and embellishing them too.
10. Make sure to stop by the blog on Monday for a Christmas tour of our home dressed up for the Holiday season. You will be surprised by the colors and theme I chose this year. Very different! Here’s a hint… not a speck of red will be found.
Answer To #7- Santa Claus was fashioned after the original St Nick, Nicholas, the bishop of Myra who lived in the third century. Who Is The Real St. Nick will tell you more about this amazing saint. You can find out how we got the tradition of hanging stockings by the fire too.
Santa’s reindeer had many names. Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer, was originally called Rolo, then Reginald. And the other poor reindeer had some pretty strange names too. Now you know!
Click For More Holiday Inspiration
Happy Thanksgiving, Friends.