Print this recipe because it is a KEEPER! Cheese Tortellini With Sausage And Pumpkin Parmesan Cream Sauce takes about 30 minutes to make so it’s perfect for a weeknight but it’s also so so company worthy. It has one of my very favorite ingredients in it… pumpkin! And when it is used as a savory vegetable and mixed with nutty Parmesan cheese and silky cream it makes the most scrumptious sauce to bathe cheese tortellini and sausage in! I’m having company here at StoneGable this coming weekend and this recipe is on the menu!
This is such an easy dish to make. Pair it with a great salad and that’s all you really need to have a spectacular dinner!
- 2 refrigerated packages of cheese tortellini
- 15 oz mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 small can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 sage leaves
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook tortellini according to package directions reserving 1/2 cup pasta liquid. Set tortellini aside.
- Heat heavy cream for 3 minutes in the microwave and add the sage leaves. Set aside.
- In a large dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and chop up. Add shallot and cook until the sausage is completely cooked crumbling the sausage with a spoon.
- Add pumpkin and heavy cream minus the sage leaves. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 2-4 minutes until heated through.
- Add Parmesan cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Add the tortellini to the pumpkin cheese sauce and combine. If the sauce is too thick add some of the reserved tortellini liquid until it is the right consistency.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
You might like to follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m finding to pin every day HERE.