GARDEN FRESH STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS
It’s zucchini season at StoneGable! And I have a fabulous, filling and oh, so good main dish recipe for you! Stuffed Zucchini Boats are the perfect way to use up all those garden and produce stand zucchini that are profuse this time of year! Stuffed Zucchini Boats have a delicious, Italian spin! And they are so good for you! Even if your family does not care for zucchini they just might like this dish! The zucchini is tender and stuffed with Italian sausage and cheeses and yumminess!
This recipe is great for an easy meal, but would be a company worthy dinner as well! My family LOVES them!
Remember to pin this to your Pinterest RECIPE or SUMMER boards. You can follow me on Pinterest and see all the great things I’m pinning HERE.
GARDEN FRESH STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS
A scrumptious, easy to make main dish with an distinctly italian spin!Print Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini cleaned well
- 1 TBS good olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage casing removed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 4 cups Marinara sauce
- salt and pepper
- chopped Italian flat leaf parsley for garnish
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the zucchini lenthwise, taking off the top 1/3 of the zucchini. Scoop out the pulp leaving a sturdy shell. Chop the pulp and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook onions until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add zucchini pulp and sautee on medium high for 3-4 minutes. Remove to a colander to drain.
- In the same skillet add ground beef and sausage. Brown and break apart. Add to the colander.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini mixture, meat, egg, bread crumb, basil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Spoon the stuffing into the zucchini boats.
- Pour the marinara into an ovenproof dish and put the zucchini boats on top of the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve immediately.
We love zucchini and Italian food and these are the perfect combination! They look delicious, Yvonne! Making them soon.
Lynda @ Gates of Crystal
I know I am not a techie sort, but I get your E-mail Blogs and am wondering if I should be signed up for something different. I love following you. I just read all the notes from readers on your Birthday and at the bottom was a mention of something in June.
Since this is later in Aug. I seem to be behind. Other times I have noticed time difference.
As readers on Birthday….you are my favorite. I was born in Virginia and moved to Georgia for eighteen years and to S.C. For about Twenty…..Southern and twangie….
Happy Birthday …I’m sure that’s late, but Heart felt.
My music Director stood in for Pastor who was on vacation last week. His lesson was so similar to yours last week on Judges and how our nation is falling away from what is right in his eyes….I shared your scripture with him. I missed seeing him yesterday as we were in Ga for grands Birthday party, but I Know he liked it, too. I can’t wait till Wed. To hear how much he enjoyed it.
Thanks in advance for telling me what I might sign on to get the same day posted… I’m not on Facebook. Don’t think I would care for that.
Oh Yum! Yum! Yum!! That looks so good and all you have to say is Italian and you have my heart! It does look delicious. I have to tell you a quick story — just yesterday I showed hubby a recipe that I wanted to make for stuffed zucchini. It sounded good and looked good. My husband’s reaction: Uh,huh. My hubby is a MEAT eater. So when I showed him your picture and photo his reply was “Now, THAT’S what I’m talking about”!! Yep — I think your recipe won out — hamburger, sausage — you had his heart. Thank you for sharing and the inspiration. Have a wonderful day!!
I hope he likes it! We are meat eaters too!
Looks delish, and sooo beautiful Yvonne! And I just happen to have some wonderful Italian sausage in the fridge 🙂 Just a lovely low-carb meal!
Those look scrumptious! I will definitely try these as we LOVE Italian food. Hope you had a wonderful time at HAVEN:)
I have made a similar recipe (from Pinterest) and it is delish!!!
Michelle from simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com
P.S. Please pop over to my blog to see its new design!
I must make these for my niece. She had her first taste of zucchini when she was about twenty-one. Ever since she has but crazy for these – fixed anyway. Yours look delicious.
These not only look beautifully presented but sound so delicious!…thanks for the recipe!!!
Good Morning Yvonne: I cannot wait to make the Stuffed Zucchini Boats, they look delicious. I do hope you have a good and safe weekend. Thank you again for all of your great ideas.