Today I have some random thought and musings I’d like to update you on! And something little to brag about. It’s been awhile since I’ve told you that you are the absolute best and most wonderful blog readers a gal could ever hope for! You are faithful and kind and we collectively make up a family of sorts. A really big, chatty, fun, love-filled family! And I’m so glad you are here! Every post I write is with you in mind! I’m answering your most asked questions today and letting you in on upcoming changes at StoneGable. I’m sharing musings on Monday!
Today episode #22 of Decorating Tips And Tricks is HOW TO CHOOSE AN ACCENT RUG. We share so much advice and tips in this episode!
You can listen to this episode below…
Or listen to any and all the episodes HERE. And don’t forget to take us on the go! Listen to DTT on the podcast app of your smart phones.
Now let’s get musing!
Many of you have asked about my new little grandson, Anderson. Many of you know he was a “late term preemie” and on Wednesday he will be five months old. He is healthy and active and is just the most darling little boy you would ever want to meet. His favorite activity is smiling! He has found his voice and is LOUD!
Here is a picture of him taking a bath in the farmhouse sink at StoneGable. Finally, a baby has been bathed in my kitchen sink. It’s like christening my kitchen!
He looks like such a little baby in this picture. But he really is an active and very smiley little guy! He’s a bit of a party animal who loves to be in the thick of the action. He LOVES people! And he notices and loves other babies too!
Anderson was named after my father. Anderson is his middle name. It was also his mother’s maiden name. So his great grandfather and great great grandmother are memorialized in his very cool name!
The caption for the picture below should be… “Hey, Mom! I met the coolest kid in the mirror today. We are going to hang out again tomorrow.” I think Jacqueline really caught how animated Anderson is.
My son Christopher and his darling wife Abigail are due the beginning of June with a little girl. These babies are rocking my world!!!! Being a Gigi is so much better than I ever imagined!
In other news, I have been featured in the Spring issue of AMERICAN FARMHOUSE STYLE MAGAZINE.
If you love farmhouse style in all its American glory then you would love this magazine!!!!
This issue is full of beautiful farmhouse inspired homes and lots and lots of pictures and ideas… and my Al Fresco tablescape!
The photographs are mine taken on our patio and many of the ideas and quotes are from me too! Victoria Van Vlear did a fabulous job of capturing a StoneGable farmhouse dinner on the patio!
You can get your copy of this spring’s American Farmhouse Style magazine at your local bookstores or wherever they sell magazines or order it HERE.
I have other exciting news! StoneGable the blog is going to have a little “facelift” this spring! I’m very excited about this. Nothing drastic. Just a few changes to make it look fresher and a little more user friendly.
I love to change things up for the better and I’m also smart enough to know that “if it aint broke, don’t fix it”! StoneGable will look like StoneGable with a few little improvements.
Many of you have emailed me and facebook messaged me and sent me cards to let me know that you are praying for me and thinking of me as I recover from an ankle fusion. Thank you a thousand times! I have really needed your prayers and your presence in my life. This season of life has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through physically by far!
I am still healing because it is a slow process. Just keep prayer. Every week I can see a little improvement. You are an amazing blog family and I really love you all so much! Thank you for being concerned about me!
And here are a few answers to some questions I get asked often:
- Yes, I am enjoying the podcast! Actually, Anita and Kelly and I are dear friends. We talk on the phone together at least once a day. And taping the podcast with these two girls is the highlight of my week.
- I will slowly be working on my master bedroom this spring and summer. And YES, of course, I’ll share it when it’s done.
- Yes, our dear little dog Scamp passed away last November and I miss him terribly! He was just shy of 20 years old and gave us such joy! There is such a void in our home from his passing!
- No, sharing our bathrooms with you on the blog is not too private. I’ve shared one of our downstairs powder rooms and will share our upstairs main bathroom soon. As we make them over I’ll be sharing all 5 of them. No one needs 5 bathrooms!
- Yes, I do like color. But I also would get tired of it sooner than I’d get tired of a neutral palate. I can always add pops of color to my neutral decor. Neutral, classic decor is economical and timeless.
- Yes, we do eat out. But what fun would it be to have a weekly menu missing a day or two every now and then? So I plan for the whole week as if we will be eating in ever night.
- No, I don’t have any recipes for peas or pea soup. I hate peas! I ate mushy peas when I lived in Scotland as a child and cannot stand them! Sorry! Really, not sorry!
- Yes, I am still writing a book, but it’s been on “hold” because of my foot issue!
- Yes, I do all my own photography. Just look at my first couple years blogging. You can see the steep learning curve. Some of my early photographs are pretty rough!
I think that’s enough musings for this Monday. Thanks for being interested in what’s on my mind! Remember to stop back later today for THE SCOOP!