Summer and fall are our favorite times to picnic and get together for an outdoor meal here at StoneGable. We love easy to grill or throw together meals that are super scrumptious, fast and satisfying! And if they can feed a crowd better yet! This weekend we have a houseful of family and friends! So, easy and delicious recipes are a must.
One of our new favorite’s here at StoneGable is SOUTHWEST PASTA SALAD. If you like flavors from south-of-the-border, this recipe is a must try! Making it ahead lets the flavors marry and taste even better! Let’s make scrumptious southwest pasta salad with the help of Litehouse who is sponsoring this post.
I made the dressing for the salad using Litehouse Avacado Ranch with Bacon Dressing and Dip. The dressing gave the southwest pasta salad such a great depth of flavor! It’s fresh from the garden taste is perfect for a pasta salad full of fresh ingredients! You can find Litehouse dressing in the refrigerated produce section of your grocer’s. So much better than room temperature dressing.
I can think of lots of yummy ways to use this dressing! Click HERE to get tons of fabulous Litehouse recipes and visit their blog too!
I took this salad to a picnic this weekend and got rave reviews!
- 3 lbs dried pasta (I used farfalle and penne) cooked and drained
- 1 13 oz. jar of Litehouse Avocado Ranch with Bacon Dressing and Dip
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 can black beans, rinsed
- 2 can Mexican style corn kernels, rinsed
- 2 small cans of sliced black olives
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups Jack cheese, shredded
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the dressing, taco seasoning and the mayonnaise to a bowl and whisk to blend.
- In a very large bowl add pasta and dressing. Combine.
- Add remaining ingredients except the tomatoes and tortilla chips
- Toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- The pasta salad can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated.
- Add crushed tortilla chips right before serving. Mix
- Top with tomatoes.
- Half or quarter this recipe to make a smaller amount.
- To make a warm weather meal add cooked chicken or shredded beef to the pasta and serve on a bed of lettuce.
So easy-peasy and everyone just loves it!
A big thanks to Litehouse Dressing for making my SOUTHWEST PASTA SALAD so scrumptious and for sponsoring this post.