There is something so filling and elegant about ROASTED CAULIFLOWER CHEDDAR SOUP! Because the cauliflower is roasted it lend a little sweetness and that wonderful taste of browned food to the mix! This is company worthy soup! But don’t just make if for your guests, it’s easy enough to make on a week night! Serve with crusty bread, cheese and some seasonal fruit and you have a delicious and hearty meal! We like it so much here at StoneGable that I make a double batch and freeze the rest. Let’s get cooking!
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 TBS olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put cauliflower and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with 3 TBS olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss. Roast for 30 minutes. Tips of the cauliflower will be brown.
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a Dutch Oven or large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for about 4 minutes until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add thyme and stir.
- Put the roasted cauliflower, garlic and any oil from the pan into the Dutch Oven. Add 3 cups chicken stock and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Take the pot off the heat and blend the cauliflower until creamy with a stick blender.(Or use a blender and blend in batches and return to pot).
- Add cheese and let it melt into the cauliflower. Add heavy cream and stir to incorporate. Simmer on low until hot.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil on top of each bowl of soup to finish . Additional cauliflower can be roasted and then chopped for the top of each soup bowl.
You may want to save this yummy soup to your RECIPE or FOOD Pinterest board. You can follow me on Pinterest HERE and see what I’m pinning!