Want a fall treat to satisfy your sweet tooth? I love cookies because I can grab one or two and have them with a cup of coffee or a bottle of milk. And they are so much easier to make than a cake or pie or any other dessert that takes up too much of my time and kitchen space. I can make the dough ahead and freeze it and then pop the cookies it into the oven when I want a batch of fresh baked pumpkin spice cookies! YUM!
You will love these full of flavor cookies!!!!
PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmet
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree’ ( you will have some left over)
- 3 TBS granulated sugar- for topping
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon- for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a large bowl. Set aside.In a medium mixing bowl with mixer beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the side of the bowl.Beat in eggs one at a timeMix in vanilla and pumpkin puree.Add flour mixture in thirds and beat on a low setting until just incorporated.Scoop dough, 1 heaping TBS for each cookie, onto a baking sheet. Fit 12 cookies dough heaps on one baking sheet.Mix the 3 TBS sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle on top of each cookie dough heap.Bake cookies for 20 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking. Cookies are ready when they are puffy and lightly brown around the edges.Let them cool for 10 minutes until putting them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Enjoy eating the tastes of the season all in one delicious cookie!