Today I’m sharing the plan and progress of my Gable bedroom makeover. I’ve wanted to makeover this guest room for awhile and all the pieces are finally coming together! As you can see from the mood board above the new room I’m planning has a very neutral look. It might be neutral, but it has lots of color variation and tons and tons of texture! And it has a comfortable, come-and-stay-for-awhile feel… just what I want in a guest room! Today’s sponsored post will help you understand how I planned this room! I’m so excited to share it with you today! A big thank you to my friends at Carpet One Floor And Home®!
But first, some Podcast news…
Today on our Podcast DECORATING TIPS AND TRICKS, episode 13, we are talking about using VINTAGE SILVER, CHINA, AND CRYSTAL IN FRESH NEW WAYS.
You can listen below and hear how I got a box of silver during a hunting trip! And not a shopping trip either!
You can listen to all 13 podcast episodes and get all the show notes HERE. And don’t forget to listen on your iphones and androids when you are on the go!
Now let’s decorate a guest bedroom!
My gable room is a jewel box of a guest room! The smallest of our four guest rooms with a majestic vaulted ceiling and a big gable window. The light in this room is almost magical. If I were a guest at StoneGable this is the room I would choose to stay in!
It has been well used and in need of a makeover for a couple years. Here is how the gable room looked before:
My tastes have really changed over the years and now I want a guest room that plays nicely with the rest of my home. I must admit I’m very fond of the wall color, but it really does not work with the rest of my neutral home!
I love this room but it is a little too sweet for my current taste. I’m a bit sorry to see the antique bed go, but it’s going to a good home and will become the bed of a precious little girl!
Change is good, so we decided to give this room a total makeover, bed and all!
One of the biggest aspects of change in this room was the flooring. Because it is a guest room, I want it to be cozy and warm and bright for my guests. I love love love hardwood floor but I think they make the room look a little cold.
So I started looking for a rug that would fill most of the space in the center of the room. Because the center is almost square in size we decided to look at wall to wall carpeting. Did you know that you can have wall to wall carpeting bound or serged to create beautiful custom size area rugs?
Bobby and I took a trip to our local Carpet One Floor And Home® to look for a Relax it’s…Lee’s® carpet.
We certainly had lots and lots of choices and colors to pick from! Because I wanted a very light and large area rug in the gable room the carpet had to stand up to stains, spills, and pets (we are a pet-friendly home). I thought it would be a tough bill to fill for an ivory colored rug!
We decided on on a Relax it’s… Lee’s ® carpet called HOP TO IT, in Ivory!
Here are just a few reasons we chose this carpet…
- This carpet has great style and a pretty loop weave. Just what we were looking for! And the color was a home run!
- The Lee’s carpet stands up to spills and everyday life as well as pet messes! A big, big factor in looking for a light colored carpet… and in a pet-friendly home!
- We were able to shop for Lee’s carpet at our favorite local carpet store… the one we’ve shopped at for years! I got to see the great selections of Carpet One Floor And Home ® products first hand. And the store owner was so knowledgeable and super helpful! I also found a kindred spirit with their new designer!
- We could get a serged edge on the carpet which will give it a more professional and polished look! LOVE that! Always asked for a serged edge when having wall to wall carpeting made into an area rug. So pretty!
- Carpet One Floor And Home ® has a BEAUTIFUL GUARANTEE. If we are not satisfied with our carpet after it is in our Gable room the carpet will be replaced for free! You can see the guarantee HERE. To me, this is a no-brainer plus!
- Their Healthier Living®Flooring installation System delivers antimicrobial protection which minimizes dust, inhibits allergens as well as mold growth and odors. Perfect for keeping my guest room fresh and clean!
The rug really ties the bedding in this guest room together giving it a soft monochromatic look! This is especially important since I want my guest room to be welcoming and serene!
The rug also grounds the bed, drapes, dresser and chair too! And I love it with the soft white color I picked out for the walls of the Gable room!
I really can’t wait to show you the finished Gable guest room in a couple weeks! The walls are painted and a good deal of the furniture is ready to be put into the room as soon as the installers lay the carpet!
I’m also excited to be a part of LOVE IT WITH LEES Room Makeover Contest! When my Gable room reveal post goes live you will have a chance to vote for my room or other rooms in this contest. I really want to be your “fan favorite”!
When you vote you will be entered to win a $500.00 HomeGood Gift Card! And if I win I’ll get one too! Whoo-Hoo!
I really hope you look for the “reveal” post and vote for me! And I’m counting on one of my StoneGable readers to win too!!!! Let’s sweep the contest!
You might like to follow me on Pinterest. I have thousands of images about home decor! Follow HERE.
Again, a big thank you to Carpet One Floor And Home ® for asking me to participate in this decorating event!