Most of you know that we are huge soup eaters here at StoneGable! And I’m thrilled to be sharing one of my families most coveted soup recipes. My mother, grandmother, her mother and generations before made this better-than-scrumptious old word VEGETABLE SOUP! I still follow the recipe that has been passed down for generations! It’s the best veggie soup you will ever eat… not bragging, just truth! Try it once and you will be hooked. And I’m serving it up with an impressive hand made ladle from Polder Old World Kitchen. They are giving one lucky StoneGable reader a very generous GIVEAWAY!
StoneGable Vegetable Soup has that old world, cooked all day taste while using today’s freshest ingredients. It takes time but is so easy to make. And the reward is amazing! The broth is beefy and hearty and flavorful and the veggies are soft and bite sized! YUM!
Don’t you love my beautiful new ladle from Polder World Kitchen? The bowl is perfect for scooping out lots of veggie soup goodness! I am literally scooping out my soup with a real work of art!
And the handle is sublime. I hang it next to my cooktop!
Polder Dreamware is like nothing I have ever seen or handled before. They are small masterpieces, perfectly fitted to the hand and for a job!
My spoons and ladle will be passed down and go from my kitchen to my posterity! I love the idea of my grandchildren passing them down to their children and grandchildren. I love thinking about all the family hands that will work with the spoons and measuring cups and ladle. Amazing thought!
Make sure you enter the POLDER WORLD KITCHEN LARGE LADLE Giveaway… A $599.00 VALUE! Yes, you read that right! Isn’t that a generous giveaway? I told you the ladle is a work of art!!! Sooooo beautiful!
Now, let’s make soup!!!
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1~ 2 lb boneless chuck roast
- 2 large soup bones, with some meat on them. (I like shin bones)
- salt and pepper
- 10 cups water
- 1 1/2 large onions, quartered
- 1 cup dried beans (I use navy beans)
- 2 cups diced onions
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, cut into rounds or 1 bag of baby carrots cut in half
- 1 TBS salt
- 1/2 TBS pepper
- 1/2 cup barley
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups cabbage, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 turnips, cut into 1/2 inch cubes * Do this! It makes such good flavor!
- 3 large Idaho potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2/3 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 15 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup alphabet noodles
- In a large stock pot add the olive oil over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the meat and add it in bathes to the pot. Brown on all sides.
- Add water, onions and dried beans to the meat in the stock pot and let simmer for 2 hours, skimming the top of the water occasionally.
- Add diced onions, celery, carrots, salt and pepper. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat and let it cool enough to be shredded.
- Add the barley, green beans, cabbage, turnips, potatoes, corn, peas and stewed tomatoes. Bring back to a simmer and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add alphabet noodles and meat. Stir everything together. Serve piping hot!
- Feel free add or subtract veggies you like. Please make this with the turnips. They add a wonderful flavor!
Are you ready for this spectacular giveaway?
Here’s a little message about additional sales and opportunities to save more from Loran at Polder Old World Kitchen…
We call it our Early Christmas Shopper Event. Anyone can save 15% on an order of any size with the code SUGARPLUMS. Newsletter subscribers can save 25% or 35% depending on the size of their order! Those who are not subscribers but would like access to the higher discounts may sign up now and the codes will automatically deliver to their inbox! Sometimes the automatic emails wind up in spam, so they can email me if the codes don’t show up in a reasonable amount of time (15 min or so) and I will give them to them personally. This is our LAST and biggest sale of 2015 and it ends October 31!
A big thank you to Polder Old World Kitchen for this amazing and generous giveaway!!!! Wouldn’t a piece of their Dreamware be the perfect Christmas gift for the cooks (like me, Bobby!) in our lives! A true piece to be passed down!
You can follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m pinning daily HERE!