Forcing flowering branches brings a little bit of early Spring into our homes.
These forsythia are among the easiest branches to force. Here’s how…
1.Cut branches on a day that the temperature rises at least 10 degrees
2. Cut long branches
3. Cut more branches than you will need, some might not bloom
4. Prepare branches by cutting 3-4 inches off the branch to make a fresh cut
5. Make a 1-2 inch cut up the branch to allow more water to be absorbed
6. Put the branches in tepid water
7. Change water every other day and keep it away from direct sunlight.
It really is as easy as that!
Here are some other branches that are easy to force:
I am participating in: