Chocolate chip cookies are probably America’s very favorite! And most of us probably have a great recipe to make them. Do you like them soft, hard, gooey, cake-like? Everyone has an opinion on the perfect chocolate chip cookie. So of course, I needed to weigh in! Here’s MY favorite recipe for a chocolate chip cookies!
My ideal cookies are crisp on the outside and a bit gooey on the in. YUM! I like to make the cookie dough and roll it into a log, wrap it in parchment paper and plastic wrap and freeze it. When I want cookies I slice off the log (about 2/3 inch) and bake them off. Fresh homemade cookies… the BEST!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp hot water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips OR 2 cups semi sweet chocolate cut into chunks
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 ˚.
- In a mixer cream butter and sugars. Add one egg at a time beating each one. Add vanilla and beat.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the water and add to the batter. Mix.
- Add flour in thirds to incorporate. Do not over mix. Add chocolate and walnuts.
- Drop a heaping spoonful of the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until the cookie edges are just brown.
You might like to follow me on Pinterest and see over 2,000 great recipes on my Foodie Fun board. Follow HERE.