Chocolate chip cookies are probably America’s very favorite! And most of us probably have a great recipe to make them. Do you like them soft, hard, gooey, cake-like? Everyone has an opinion on the perfect chocolate chip cookie. So of course, I needed to weigh in! Here’s MY favorite recipe for a chocolate chip cookies!
My ideal cookies are crisp on the outside and a bit gooey on the in. YUM!
I like to make the cookie dough and roll it into a log, wrap it in parchment paper and plastic wrap and freeze it. When I want cookies I slice off the log (about 2/3 inch) and bake them off. Fresh homemade cookies… the BEST!
MY FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp hot water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips OR 2 cups semi sweet chocolate cut into chunks
- 1 cup walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 ˚.
- In a mixer cream butter and sugars. Add one egg at a time beating each one. Add vanilla and beat.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the water and add to the batter. Mix.
- Add flour in thirds to incorporate. Do not over mix. Add chocolate and walnuts.
- Drop a heaping spoonful of the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until the cookie edges are just brown.
I hope you will give my chocolate chip cookies a try!