I’m bringing fall into my living room this season with an easy NO SEW BURLAP LEAF PILLOW!
Fall is my favorite season… I love everything about it! Chilly weather, apples, and pumpkins and of course the falling leaves! Lots and lots of leaves!
Making my NO SEW BURLAP LEAF PILLOW is easier than you think… you start out with a store bought pillow cover. You don’t even have to make the pillow!!!
Here, I’ll show you how…
STONEGABLE NO SEW BURLAP LEAF PILLOW DIY
1 store bought pillow cover (I got mine at the Pottery Barn Outlet)
1 pillow insert (I use down inserts)
burlap in various colors
fusible webbing for heavy duty fabrics ( I used Pellon, Wonder Under)
I got my large leaf HERE Small leaf (copy to Microsoft Word and print)
1. Trace leaves onto the shiny side of fusible webbing.
2. Cut out leaves, leaving a 1/2 inch or so edge around them.
Put fusible webbing rough side down onto burlap. Iron fusible webbing onto burlap by using a hot iron/ no steam for 8-10 seconds.
3. Cut out leaves
4.Carefully peel off the parchment backing from the leaf. There will be a shiny film of fusible web on the leaf.
5. Arrange the big leaves on the pillow cover in a wreath
5. Iron the leaves onto the pillow cover according to package directions.
Arrange the smaller leaves on the wreath and iron the smaller leaves onto the pillow cover according to package directions.
8. Let cool. If any leaves did not stick well, affix them to the pillow cover with stitch witchery, following package instructions.
Put the pillow insert in the pillow.