Do you love candles? I sure do… and candlesticks too. I’m always on the lookout for amazing holders to put my candles in. Ones that will work with my decor and have a little bit of that WOW factor! I found a pair of little chippy pillars not long ago and thought they would make the best base for a pair of candlesticks. When creating a recent Transitional Vignette for my living room I used the pillars to make a pair of one-of-a-kind candlesticks with a little burlap element. This was such an easy project and I’m excited to share with you!
The nice thing about these candlesticks is that I can easily pop off the burlap part of it and replace it with something else if choose. I love options!!!
Let’s get started:
1. YES, that’s a tuna can! The burlap covered candle holder is made from a tuna can. Wash and dry it out. You will need 2 to make a pair.
2. Chippy pillars. I got mine from Luckett’s Spring Market, but I’ve seen lots of them at Restore Stores and reclaimed salvage places too. You could also use spindles grouped together or an big spool that twine or ribbon comes on. Think creatively!
Or just do without the pillar and make the rest of the candlestick. The burlap candle holder would look great on it’s own!
3. Spray paint the tuna can with a flat black paint. And cover it with burlap. I have a roll of burlap ribbon that was just about the perfect size. You could cut burlap right from the bolt to use. Hot glue it to the tuna can.
Or you could use another decorative fabric. Be creative!!!
4. Choose a ribbon or cording to finish the top and bottom of the can. I used a braided burlap twine that I found at a local shop. Hot glue it into place.
Wouldn’t a brown velvet look awesome too?
5. Hot glue the candle holder on to the base of the candlestick.
This is such an easy-peasy project that is so inexpensive! It will give your decor some great texture and a little bit of trendy appeal!
Remember to pin this to your Pinterest HOME DECOR or DIY boards. You can follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m finding to pin every day HERE.