Today I feel like I am giving you a culinary gift. This no cook, full of fresh herb flavor sauce will change your meat-lovin’ world! My sister, the chef, introduced this to me a few years back and Chimichurri sauce is like crack to me! That good. It works as a marinade and accompanies grilled meats. This is a recipe to have in your repetitor, for sure! Today let’s whip up Chimichurri sauce!
- 1 large bunch of parsley- about 2 cups
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 5 TBS white vinegar
- 1 cup good olive oil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mash the garlic with the salt on a cutting board until paste consistency. Add all the ingredients to a bowl except the olive oil and pepper.
- Add the oil to the mixture in a steady slow stream whisking vigorously. Finish with pepper and whisk. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Best left overnight.