Today I feel like I am giving you a culinary gift. This no cook, full of fresh herb flavor sauce will change your meat-lovin’ world! My sister, the chef, introduced this to me a few years back and Chimichurri sauce is like crack to me! That good. It works as a marinade and accompanies grilled meats. This is a recipe to have in your repetitor, for sure! Today let’s whip up Chimichurri sauce!
Herbs are in abundance right now and perfect for the picking! This is the time to make Chimichurri sauce. I hope you will give it a try!
A no cook full of herb and garlic flavor sauce/marinate. A must have in your culinary repertoire!Print Recipe
- 1 large bunch of parsley- about 2 cups
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 5 TBS white vinegar
- 1 cup good olive oil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mash the garlic with the salt on a cutting board until paste consistency. Add all the ingredients to a bowl except the olive oil and pepper.
- Add the oil to the mixture in a steady slow stream whisking vigorously. Finish with pepper and whisk. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Best left overnight.
Chimichurri sauce is both a sauces that is scrumptious over meats and vegetables and a marinade.
Yvonne, is the parsley rough chopped or pulsed in a processor?
Going to make this!
That’s SO easy! And am I REALLY only the third comment here?! I have never seen this on your blog!
Are you going to make it to Haven, Yvonne? Your foot healed enough for it?
Thanks for the recipe. Your ‘crack’ remark made me giggle out loud!
I’m going to try this:)
Yvonne, I always mean to ask and then forget.
1. What kind of garlic do you use? Fresh bulb, little glass jar from the fruit/vegetable part of the grocery store, or the little rectangular, 2″ x 4″ box with 2 or 3 whole garlics?
2. Another question, what kind of salt do you use in your recipes? Do your recipes requiring salt mean just plain table salt or do you always cook/bake with fine Kosher…..chunkier cut Kosher?
You always have so many recipes to go with your decorating information. Thank you for all you do.