Our sour cherries ripened just in time to make Cherry Pie!!! But not just any Cherry Pie… Cherry Pie in small BALL jars… with stars!
And they are just in time for the 4th of July…
Aren’t they just the cutest?
Star spangled delicious and easy to make too! They will literally be the stars of your picnic or get together!!!!
Here are some tips to help you make these sweet little pies!
Make pie dough by clicking HERE. I use Martha Stewart’s recipe… it is the best I’ve found!
Top off each mini cherry pie with a star!
Serve warm or cold… or with a dollop of ice cream right in the jar before you put on the star crust!
CHERRY PIES IN JARS WITH STARS
An easy to make, scrumptious pie in a sweet mason jar... topped with a sugared pie crust star!
Write a review
- 1 Pate Brisse Recipe (pie dough)
- 2 1/2 cups pitted sour cherries
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBS heavy cream
- sanding sugar
- Make pie dough. I use Martha Stewart’s recipe… it is the best I’ve found! You can find it at: http://www.marthastewart.com/343815/pate-brisee. While the dough chills, put cherries and lemon juice in a medium bowl. In another bowl mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the cherries and gently mix until the cherries are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pinch off a ball of dough and mold into the bottom of a 4 oz. ball jar.
- Pinch off more dough and form the dough up the sides until the whole inside of the ball jar is lined with dough.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Fill the jars with cherries.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cover with foil after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the remaining dough and cut into stars.
- Brush with the cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Put the stars on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tips of the stars are slightly browned.
- Top off each mini cherry pie with a star!
- These little jars of pie can be made with any in-season or frozen fruit!
- Find more recipes at www.stonegableblog.com
If you like this recipe you might want to pin it to your RECIPE or SUMMER Pinterest boards to save. You can follow me on Pinterest and see all the great summer recipes I am finding to pin HERE.