When summer strawberries are plentiful in our area I make good use of them. One way is by preserving the taste of summer by making jam. I think this freezer jam is the best I have ever made! And I love that it is small batch jam. Each jar of this heavenly jam is a treasure! Let’s make the best Strawberry Freezer Jam ever!
Glorious homegrown strawberries! Each one pops with the flavor of summer!
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 5 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- Put strawberries in a 4 quart pot and mash then with a potato masher or fork to release their juices.
- In a bowl add lemon juice and corn starch. Stir vigorously dissolve the corn starch. Add to the strawberries and stir to combine. Add sugar and stir to combine.
- Put the pot on the stove and turn on the burner to medium high. Let the strawberry mixture come to a rolling boil (bubbles when stirred) for 20 -25 minutes stirring occasionally. The jam is ready when it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the jam from the heat and allow to cool. Put in 8 oz jars and refrigerate or freeze.
- Great as a little gift!
You might like to follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m finding to pin every day HERE.