I love crispy, flaky even crunchy desserts. And I love pie! I’ve found a recipe that combines layers of buttery flakiness with apple pie goodness. Who wouldn’t love that combination? And even better, this recipe is made with a scant 5 ingredients and only takes 10 to 12 minutes to bake! Have I tempted you? Okay, let’s make Apple Pie Croissant Bites!
A big-shout-out-thank you to Pillsbury for having this recipe on their site!
Don’t these little bites look amazing! The brown sugar and spices melt into a dark, cinnamony caramel that drenches the apples! Oh my YUM!
- 1 tube Crescent Rolls
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices
- 3 TBS butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- (OR use 1 tsp apple pie spice in lieu of cinnamon and apple pie spice)
- sanding sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Melt butter in the microwave. Put sliced apples in the butter and cover them with butter.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice together in a small bowl.
- Open the tube of crescents and unroll each triangle. Dip a pastry brush in the butter and spread on each triangle. Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over all the triangles.
- Place an apple slice across the long side of the crescent triangle and roll from the apple end up.
- Brush butter on the tops of the crescents. Sand with sugar
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and done.
These little bites can be embellished with a scoop of ice cream or eaten with milk, coffee or tea! YUM!
You might like to follow me on Pinterest and see all the great fall pins I’m finding every day HERE.