Today’s post is a little different than usual! Since we are all housebound I’ve compiled a list of 26 FREE and FUN things you can do at home while we wait out COVID19 and stay safe! I think you will really enjoy the list! If will certainly fill your day!!! I’m checking off this list too!
1. SET UP A VIDEO CALL! We are setting one up for this Sunday and having dinner with our whole family! Facetime, Skype, ZOOM, Facebook Message and more! Just have face-to-face contact with other people! Tell people you love them!!!
2. TAKE UP A NEW HOBBY. My mom is going to teach me how to knit dishcloths via Facetime.
3. TAKE A TOUR OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST MUSEUMS. I’m so excited about seeing the great works of art from the comfort of my own living room! Go HERE to see 25,0000 spaces from around the world and steep yourself in art! And take a tour of the Louvre HERE! And you can go HERE and HERE.
4. LEARN TO MAKE A NEW RECIPE. Now is the time to step out and try your hand at making something new and delicious to eat! I’m learning how to make sourdough bread! You can learn so much on YouTube!!! Go HERE to see who is teaching me how to make bread and HERE to see who I’m following to make my bread.
5. TAKE A WALK EVERY DAY! Bobby and I are walking our quiet neighborhood! Getting out in the fresh air is so important, even for just a little bit each day!
6. STUDY THE BIBLE. Right now I’m taking a video tour of the entire bible through The Bible Project and it is just amazing! Each book is beautifully illustrated and a very good overview is given. Start HERE with an overview of the entire bible and from there begin in Genesis and so on! This is an excellent use of your time. Remember to get out your Bible if you have one! If you don’t get a free Bible HERE.
7. GET FREE HALLMARK GREETING CARDS AND SEND OUT A FEW LETTERS AND CARD TO CHEER OTHERS. Go HERE to get three free Hallmark Greeting cards. Do you know anyone who is alone? I bet they would love a card or note from you! My little grandchildren are drawing pictures (with lots of help) and their Mommies are sending them out to family members! So cute!
8. DON’S FORGET FOODBANKS! Go online to find your local food bank and see what food items they are needing now. I use Pea Pod to pick up groceries. So on my way home from the store, I’m dropping some things off to help others. This is a great way to feel so good about pitching in and helping!
9. READ A BOOK. Why not spend an afternoon with your nose in a book! Right now I am reading THE ALICE NETWORK by Kate Quinn. And if you have young ones at home read THE TALES OF NARNIA. This delightful series was one of my school children’s favorites as well as my own children.
10. START CLEANING AND ORGANIZING. Now that many of us have extra time on our hands why not get to that closet we have been wanting to organize! HERE is THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CLEANING AND ORGANIZING!
11. DO A CRAFT OR DIY. What better time to create! Make a WREATH or MODPODGE A PLANTER? Use this time to make one or two or twenty new things!!! One thing I’ll be making is another NO SEW BURLAP FLOWER PILLOW!
12. HAVE A MOVIE MARATHON – Many free or our favorite tv networks have wonderful movies for free! Check them out and plan a few movie marathon nights.
13. BINGE WATCH AN AMAZON PRIME SERIES- Amazon has such great series and movies! All you need is a Prime account.
14. SIGN UP FOR A FREE MONTH ON A NETWORK and watch a series. Bobby and I signed up for Brit Box through Amazon Prime (one free month) and we are we have watched Lake Rise To Candleford! I love historical period pieces! You, like Bobby and me, can cancel the subscription at the end of the free trial.
15. START A JOURNAL OR BLOG! You can write a journal or create it online for free. And why not start a blog! It’s so so easy! I think writing stories about your childhood is a charming idea to pass down to your family!
16. MAKE LITTLE BOOKS FROM YOUR PHONE’S CAMERA ROLL. This is so so easy! My favorite little books are CHATBOOKS. 60 pages for $10.00 plus free shipping! Okay, this one is not free but the shipping is! I’m making books from cell phone pictures of our last trip to see our daughter and family out in San Diego and of Christmas this year. These little books are darling!
17. SPEAKING OF PHOTOS, CLEAN THEM OUT! Oh, my! I went through many of my photos and got rid of tons of them. Out of focus, other people’s children, duplicates, etc! This is also a fun activity! A fun walk down memory lane! Make piles give to your kids, mom, grandkids, friends, etc.
18. DO YOUR TAXES. If you have not done them yet, now is a great time to get this job out of the way!
19. LEARN SOMETHING. Sign up free for Ted Talks and listen to the authorities in almost anything you can think of. Expand your mind!
20. READ STONEGABLE. LOL! No really! Go to STONEGABLE HERE and peruse 10 years of blog posts! Recipes, decorating, Bible Study, home decor DIY and so much more! Pin what you are finding so you won’t lose the inspiration!
21. STRETCH YOUR BODY. I found a very good stretching video for beginners HERE. Or look for one yourself. Walk and stretch every day!!!! Stay healthy!
22. DRINK WATER. It’s important to keep our bodies hydrated even if we are just at home! Add fresh lemon or lime or strawberry to your water!
23. ROUTINES ARE IMPORTANT. We humans love routines! So keeping a routine in times that are unique, different and stressful is important! Here are two routines you might like to incorporate into your day… 12 HEALTHY MORNING HABITS TO CULTIVATE and 8 SMART THINGS TO DO EVERY NIGHT BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.
24. HAVE A SPA DAY. Give yourself a Mani and Pedi. And a homemade facemask. See some HERE. And give your hair a deep conditioning treatment. I do this a couple times a month…Rinse hair with warm water and towel dry. Heat olive oil in the microwave till warm but not hot. Pour the oil all over your hair and work it through your hair with your fingers. Do this over a sink. Put a plastic bag on your hair and cover it with a towel. I like to keep the oil on my hair for about an hour. Rinse and shampoo. If you are rinsing in the shower be careful the oil is slippery! You will love how your hair looks and feels!
25. DRAG OUT THE BOARD GAMES OR CARDS AND PLAY. You can do this with those in your home or via live videos. It’s good for your mind! You can even play online for free HERE. You can also see free online jigsaw puzzles HERE.
26. STAY CALM AND CARRY ON! I love this saying! Times are different and isolating and scary! Please find ways to connect with your loved ones while following the government’s social distancing recommendations!
Be good to yourself and others. Give yourself and others lots and lots of grace! Pray for everyone!!!!
My dear friend, I hope you find some fun, productive and healthy ways to spend your days! I’m thinking of you and praying for you! xo