100 fabulous pumpkin decorating ideas! Is that really possible? Of course, it is because I L-O-V-E pumpkins! I’m smitten with pumpkins! In decor and cooking. The smell of pumpkins is like heaven to me and don’t get me started on their shapes. This is my pumpkiny time of year! So, here are lots and lots of ideas to decorate your home with pumpkins!
I have never seen a pumpkin stem didn’t want to take home. I stack pumpkins and paint pumpkins and cook IN pumpkins! And we live in the quintessential fall pumpkin land. There are fields and fields of gorgeous pumpkins everywhere!
Pumpkins are one of the easiest, fun, sweetest, craziest, nicest, most whimsical ways to decorate and get your fall on! Here’s the first half of 100 ways to use them in your decor!! I’ll show you the other half next week!
Let’s get started! 100 fun ideas to decorate with pumpkins around your home!
- perch a pumpkin on a candlestick
- put a pumpkin in a teacup and add some twigs or berries
- write a message on a pumpkin like “hello fall”
- put a pumpkin in an urn and tuck bittersweet or dried hydrangeas between them
- stack a totem pole of pumpkins
- put a little pumpkin in a nest
- gild a pumpkin- see a tutorial HERE
- fill a birdbath or large container with water and float pumpkins
- put small pumpkins going up the stairs
- hollow out small pumpkins and put votives in them to make pretty candles
- create a succulent topped pumpkin- see tutorial HERE
- put mini pumpkins in a big glass container with a lid
- find a wreath the size of the bottom of your pumpkin and then put the wreath and pumpkin in a large bowl, basket or urn
- line a shelf or mantel with little pumpkins
- put a pumpkin on each plate when you set a nice table
- fill a glass cylinder with tiny pumpkins and nuts and popcorn
- make a vignette with one gorgeous pumpkin
- put pumpkins down the center of a table
- put pumpkins on top of books, benches, and pedestals
- make adorable sweater pumpkins- see a tutorial HERE
- add pumpkins to mums and in little spaces of other plants
- tie a pretty bow on the stem of a pumpkin
- fill a lantern with pumpkins and grapevines
- pop off the stem of a faux pumpkin put a decorative knob in its place
- paint a pumpkin with chalkboard paint and write on it with chalk
- make a pumpkin wreath- see tutorial HERE.
- tie a brown cardstock cut out leaf to the stem of a pumpkin- you can add a name to it and use it as a place card on a tablescape
- put a group of big pumpkins INSIDE your front door
- frame a pumpkin printable- HERE
- make a pumpkin pillow from a placemat- see tutorial HERE
- paint faux orange pumpkins white- see tutorial HERE
- clean out the cavity of a pumpkin and use it as a vase
- put platters of food on the top of a flat-topped pumpkin and use it as a serving tray on a harvest buffet
- spray paint faux pumpkins with Looking Glass spray paint by Krylon for a mercury glass look- get it HERE
- put a large pumpkin in a champagne bucket- tuck seeded eucalyptus between the champagne bucket and pumpkin
- alternate little white paper lanterns with battery operated lights in them and white pumpkins on a mantel
- put pumpkins and other fall elements in a dough bowl
- cut the top quarter off of a pumpkin, clean it out and use it as a fall punch bowl
- put small pumpkins in a tall glass cylinder, fill with water and add flowers- so pretty!
- line a walkway with pumpkins
- make a polka dot pumpkin with stick-on dots
- glue a piece of paper with the name of a cheese to one end of a long skewer and stick the other end into a little pumpkin and put it on a cheese tray to identify the different kinds of cheeses- adorable!
- use cute little pumpkins as favors for guests to take home after a dinner party or get together
- glitter a faux pumpkin
- cover a faux pumpkin with old book page strips- use Mod Podge to fix the paper to the pumpkin
- a trio of small pumpkins can go almost anywhere
- pop off the stem of a faux pumpkin and glue a real stem on it- it will look so much better!
- paint your house number on a pumpkin and put it near your front door or mailbox
- wrap pumpkins in white twinkle lights
- cut one-third off the top of a small faux pumpkin and fill it with candy corn- cute candy dish!
PHEW!!!!!! That’s 50 fabulous pumpkin ideas!!!! But that is only half. I’ll share the last half of this pumpkin series tomorrow!
I hope you are finding lots of fun ways to decorate with pumpkins!