Spring is just around the corner so its not too early to start thinking about spring decorating! I’m a big fan of tucking nests into my existing decor. No need to disrupt your everday decor. A nest added to it will bring a little softness… a little bit of fluff… and lots of spring prettiness to your home! I love embellishing nests to work with my decor. Here are 1o ways to decorate with nests this spring! Hope you get inspired!
1. Add spring flowers and a little moss to a store bought nest. Don’t forget to add a couple of little eggs! I made this nest years ago and it’s still one of my very favorites! Cherry blossoms sing “spring”! To see other ways to embellish a store-bought wreath, click HERE
2. Add a sweet little nest to a spring tablescape. I added some small willow balls in lieu of eggs and a charger that is nest-like and brambly. I love the organic, rustic look!
3. Stack dishes, like tea cups, and add a little nest on top! Make sure to tuck this darling stack into unexpected places. Sigh worthy!
4. A nest never looks more pretty then when its paired with silver. This is my favorite way to display a little hand-made nest and a few wee eggs! Polish off some of those old silver pieces and decorate them for spring!
5. Make a spring picture using a little nest. This is such an easy diy! Here’s how to make two different nest pictures… click HERE.
6. Nests look fabulous perched on top of candlesticks… especially chippy ones! Add a little moss or straw or even raffia under the nest to give it a soft and unkempt look.
7. Don’t forget your front door! Add a nest to a wreath and welcome Spring!!! Click HERE to see a diy for this wreath.
8. This little greenhouse gets lots of use! But it looks best with a little nest and some spring blooms inside!
9. A nest under a cloche is a beautiful thing… especially if it is put on a cake pedestal and a stack of dishes.
10. Make your own nests to decorate with! It’s so easy and you can customize the size! Here’s an easy-peasy tutorial, HERE.
I hope these ideas and images have inspired you to get creative with nests! It’s not too early to tuck a few nest here and there into your decor!
If you have an idea for “spring nesting” please leave it in the comment below. We would all love to hear!
You might want to add this to your SPRING Pinterest board. You can follow me and see all the gorgeous spring things I am pinning HERE.
I’M PARTYING WITH