Not all things are the same. Not homes or cars or pizzas or people. So it is with carrots! Some carrots have a delicious sweet, juicy carrotty flavor… and others… well, you might as well be eating chalk! If you have never tasted an organic carrot it’s about time. They taste like the carrots I remember eating as a little girl. This is one food, that if you are eating it as is, you should invest in organic! In stews and soups it really does not make that much difference for the carrot will be flavored by the other ingredients. I’m sharing a recipe that coaxes all the glorious real flavor and beauty out of the lowly and magnificent carrot!
Just look at that color! I cut off the tops of the carrots and they are waiting to be cleaned! THIS is what good looks like! YUMMY!
With just some very basic ingredients and a little time roasting in the oven they will only get better!
Ready for the oven…
Just from the oven with all those scrumptious intensified carrot flavors…
- a couple of bunches of organic carrots
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the top green part of the carrots. I leave on about an inch of green just for ascetics. Cut off root end. Using a peeler, peel lightly. Rinse. If some of the carrots are very thick cut them in half.
- Put the carrots in a big bowl and drizzle liberally with a good olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and about 2 tsps of fresh thyme leaves. Toss.
- Put the carrots on two parchment lined rimmed baking sheets in rows. Bake for 20 minutes, switching the baking sheet after 10 minutes. Serve.
- This is not rocket science. Use good fresh ingredients and you will have a fabulous, flavorful side dish!
You might want to save this to your Pinterest FOOD or RECIPE board. You can follow me on Pinterest and see all the recipes I am pinning HERE.