Do you remember way back last month when I asked all my StoneGable readers to take a survey and let me know how I’m doing… how you think StoneGable is REALLY doing? Remember I said by taking this survey you would help me tailor StoneGable better to suite your interests? My goal is to make StoneGable the first thing you want read in the morning, and go-to source for all things home and garden. I want StoneGable to inspire you and teach you and encourage you and help you make your home a lovely sanctuary for you and all you love! I feel like this post is sorta the STATE OF THE STONEGALBE UNION ADDRESS about how StoneGable is doing and to let you know I am listening to YOU.
Well, I sure found out a whole lot from you and I thank you so so much! Here’s what YOU told me…
I found out that 67% of you read StoneGable daily! And 30.7% of you read StoneGable a few time a week. Wow! That’s a wopping 97.7% engaging with StoneGable each week.
Thank you so so much! These numbers inspire me to keep working harder and smarter for you!
Did you know that I post every day… and usually twice on Sundays? I do. That’s 8 times a week. You can read a new post daily!
Let’s talk about the StoneGable newsletter…
56.5% of you read StoneGable’s newsletter daily. I love sending my daily newsletters to you! It is packed with lots of great, valuable and fun content.
I hope you are enjoying newsletter updates of the current posts and archived posts that are seasonally relevant. Did you notice that I try to include one decorating post, one recipe and one fun diy in every newsletter? And have you noticed that I am now adding popular StoneGable Pinterest pins and facebook shout outs you might like?
I’ll be adding more “behind the scenes” at StoneGable too!
If you have not signed up you can sign up right now. Just fill in your email address below and click “subscribe”. You will get a newsletter confirmation. Confirm your subscription and you are all set!
Subscribe to StoneGable’s Newsletter
Again an overwhelming majority (99%) said that StoneGable was easy to read and attractive, updated and has lots of pictures. Last year I made the font easier to read and the lettering darker. I hope that helped!
I’ll continue to find ways to make StoneGable blog attractive and inspiring! I will keep the layout the way it is because I think it is the most reader friendly.
I wish more of you would leave comments. Over 50% of readers don’t! I love to hear from you! Comments are an important way to interact and have a sense of community! I love reading what you have to say… and so does everyone else. Just remember, be nice! If you don’t know how to leave a comment you can find out how to HERE.
The StoneGable sidebar get a workout. Almost 80% of StoneGable readers say that they click on the images to go to the post. That is awesome! I’ll do a better job changing them to bring the best of the StoneGable archives to you.
Over 70% of you have tried a recipe or a diy project. That’s wonderful! Most of your were very pleased with the outcome. For the few percent that found the outcome not satisfactory I am truly sorry! I’ll keep working on the directions to make them better.
Only 31% said they would buy an e-book StoneGable cookbook. Heard you! No e-book Cookbook!
My social media readers are around 30%. I’d love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram! And don’t forget bHome if you have a smart phone or ipad. bHome is a wonderful online community of all your favorite blogs! You can access all social media from there too!
Some of you commented that you don’t have Facebook or Instagram. But those of you who do, please follow me! I bring my best game to those social media outlets too!
I love the conversations we have on Facebook. Keep on commenting!
StoneGable’s social media outlets grow daily. I’m trying to make your visit to any of my social media outlets inspiring and worthwhile!
Thanks to all my pinning friends! I love love love when you pin my posts to Pinterest. I just can’t thank you enough!!! Keep pinning! And a huge hug to my StoneGable readers who have a “StoneGable” Pinterest board! xo
You can follow me here… and I hope you do!
bHome (remember to click on my star!)
Here’s what else you told me…
Some StoneGable readers said it was hard to find archived posts. I know! They are a mess! Oh, goodness I’m sorry! I’ll work on making it easier for you but it’s a very slow process. I’ll be starting to archive SPRING posts first. I want you to know that I’m hearing you and will make these changes. There is a “search” bar on my blog. It’s by the picture of me on the right sidebar.
Some of you said it was difficult to print out old recipes. Yes, you are right. For the last year I have used a printer friendly recipe plug-in on my blog. But before that it’s cut and paste! I can’t promise anything because it takes a lot of time, but I’ll try to work on those too. I have over 100 recipes so again it will be slow!
A few of you said that I post the same post over and over. Not so! I almost always have fresh new content for you. I do however use archived images if they go with a decorating post. There are only so many ways I can style my home. So I may reuse an image as an illustration, but my content is new!
A few readers asked that I make my print bigger. My print is standard and you can change how big it looks on your computer! Easy peasy solution!
Some of you would like me to bring back my weekly menus. I would like that too! But the numbers don’t support bringing them back. Sad!
Thousands of you said such wonderful and sweet things. I thank you so so much! I will continue to work hard and find interesting content and try to take beautiful pictures to engage, inspire and keep you creative!
There’s one more issue I want to address. A little more than some of you commented about the ads on StoneGable. I know that some of you don’t like the ads and they can be distracting. I get that. But ads are a part of blogging life. Without ads and sponsors I could not keep StoneGable alive!
Let me be very candid, It take a great deal of money to run StoneGable. Most readers don’t understand how much goes into publishing a blog, nor should they. Think of it like an iceberg. You only see 10% of all it takes to put together StoneGable. It is VERY expensive to produce a good quality blog. I would never be able to put StoneGable together on my home budget.
Thank goodness I have a few revenue sources that pay the bills. I am so grateful for companies that want to sponsor my blog and posts. With the help of my ad tech company I think I have come to a good balance of ads and content on my blog. I review ad balance from time to time and make adjustments as needed.
I hope this helps you understand why ads are an important part of blogging. And I thank all my readers who, in good faith, see an ad and click on it to make a purchase.
Now here are some things you may not know…
- I work every single day! 365 days of the year. What a joy. I think I have the best job in the world!
- I am very intentional in what I post. I just don’t throw a post together! A post MUST do two or more of these four things: entertain, teach, inspire or give you something. I don’t post just to post!
- I do lots of research and and try to stay current in home decor trends. This is so fun! I want to be an “authority” of sorts in homemaking for my readers.
- StoneGable has over 900,000 pageview a month. I have grown by over 200,00 page views since last year. Thank you!
- I don’t do “show and tell” post anymore. You know, “look what I got posts”. “Look at my new sofa”. “Look at this cool lamp”. Yes, I bring new things into StoneGable all the time to keep it fresh, but I like to present them in a way that we all learn something. A post featuring a new “whatever” is all about learning. Like “HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT ACCENT CHAIR” when a fabulous new chair came to live at StoneGable. Or “OLD WORLD VEGETABLE SOUP AND A GIVEAWAY” when a company had a gorgeous heirloom quality soup ladle they kindly gave away to a StoneGable reader. Or the post “LUCITE LOVE… A CLEAR WINNER” when I was able to get a pretty lucite side table from World Market.
- I answer all emails sent from readers!
- I try to look at and “like” or reply on all facebook comments. Disclaimer: I’m taking care of my son right now. He’s recovering from a major surgery so I’m just hanging in there right now by the ends of my fingernails. So for now I am just doing the “basics”. For all those who have asked how he is doing… Christopher is doing very well! His prognosis is excellent but it’s a very long road ahead! Keep praying… thank you!
- I am a horrid speller and an even worse proof reader. But you know that already, don’t you? Thanks for reading StoneGable in spite of these terrible shortcomings… especially for a writer! I have gotten better over the years, but I’ll never win a spelling bee!
- I look at StoneGable as a home/laboratory. Things are always changing and evolving to bring you new and updated content. It is so much FUN!
- I’m working on creating better and more beautiful images for you.
- I work with other bloggers behind the scene all the time! I have amazing, fabulous blogging friends. We support each other and love each other and talk on the phone and share new technologies and when we get together (in Atlanta once a year) we are like a crazy, hugging, loving, loud, fun, learning, partying sorority of nice girls. Oh, I love these girls!!!!!!! You probably know their blogs and love them too.
- I love to help new bloggers! There are some very talented women out there!
- Sometimes I work in my jammies until noon. I told you it was a great job!
- I have a virtual assistant to help me with some social media. I just could not do everything anymore.
- I have a friend that works as my assistant to keep things organized around my home. You can’t believe how many things get moved, changed and brought up and down from the basement… especially when seasons change or a holiday is coming up. My knee caps are still a little issue so I brought in some help.
- I’m working to make my basement look like a “store”. Rolling shelves in isles so I know where things are when I need them.
- We are making over our main hall bathroom. our master bedroom and my study right now.
- We do a lot of the makeover work ourselves and we are s-l-o-w! I’m amazed how patient we are to live in the middle of construction!
- If you ask me to pray for you I do! Even if you don’t I pray for my readers.
- I LOVE my pinners! Pinning StoneGable content on Pinterest really helps my blog! Thank you so so much!
- I get offers from companies all the time to promote their products. I am VERY choosy about a sponsored post. I only choose those items that I love love love and would never promote a product that I didn’t think you would love too. I do love to bring things to you that make your life easier and better and your home more beautiful. I could never do this on my own. So I am thankful and really have great relationships with my sponsors!
- You can ask a question in the comment section and I’ll personally answer it. Come back to see what I said.
- WE ( you and I) ARE MORE ALIKE THAN YOU THINK!
- StoneGable the blog is 6 years old.
- StoneGable the home is 20 years old.
- I have so much more to tell you but that’s enough for now!
This STATE OF THE STONEGABLE UNION ADDRESS is long enough. StoneGable is looking forward to a great year and some fun and reader friendly changes. Nothing drastic… just tweaking! I’ll tell you about them soon!
Let me end by telling you that YOU ARE THE VERY VERY BEST!!!!
I genuinely love and care about you and care about what you have to say. StoneGable has become a brand and a community and a bunch of wonderful friends that have never met! I believe this blog is God ordained and I am so so blessed by you!
Thank you for reading StoneGable, being active on StoneGable social media outlets, supporting my sponsors, being kind when you comment, sending me emails, being part of the bHome family, and being so so caring and supportive! I just can’t thank you enough!
I’m looking forward to what 2016 will bring!
Love and blessing to all!