If you like pumpkin pie you will love Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal! It has all the great flavor of pumpkin pie, but it’s a whole lot more healthy! And here’s the best part… in Lancaster County we eat Baked Oatmeal for breakfast! Oh YUM! We serve it up warm and pour milk over it. It is soooooo incredibly heavenly scrumptious. Perfect for fall… or any time of the year! And while it’s baking it will make your house smell good enough to eat!
- 1 ~ 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 TBS pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups dry old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Whisk together. Add milk and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the oats, pecans and raisins to the pumpkin mixture and stir together.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake for 45 minutes until done.
- Serve hot with milk. Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal can be refrigerated and then reheated as needed in the microwave.
- Other add ins would work in place of the pecans or raisins like other nuts and dried fruit. Even chocolate chips would be a special treat!
You can follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m pinning every day HERE.