It’s asparagus time, here at StoneGable… there is nothing like picking those long green stalks right out of the garden!
We can almost watch our asparagus grow!
I have a SCRUMPTIOUS way to make this yummy spring vegetable… using one of my favorite ingredients… phyllo dough! The roasted asparagus is gently caressed by a crispy, crunch-in-you- mouth blanket of phyllo… and there is the extra flavor of Parmesan cheese that plays so nicely with Asparagus!
It is worth making…
These are so pretty I have served them for company, but easiest enough to make for a weeknight meal.
Use lots of fresh grated Parmesan cheese! YUMMY!
Keep phyllo cold and work quickly with it!
Here’s how the little asparagus looks before they are baked!
PARMESAN ASPARAGUS PHYLLO ROLL UPS WITH LEMON DIPPING SAUCE
A gorgeous asparagus spear wrapped in a light and crispy phyllo dough sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and serve with a lemony dipping sauce.
Write a review
- Parmesan Asparagus Phyllo Roll Ups
- 1 package of phyllo dough
- 1/2 ~ l cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 30 asparagus spears, washed, woody ends cut and dried
- Lemon Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Take pastry out of package and unfold one pack of sheets. Cover sheets with a just barely damp paper towel when not using.
- Remove one sheet of phyllo and put on a work surface. Brush the entire sheet with butter and put another sheet of phyllo on top. Continue until there are six layers of phyllo.
- Cut pastry sheets into 6 long strips. Cut from one short end to another.
- Srinkle each phyllo strip with Parmesan cheese.
- Wind one phyllo strip around each asparagus in a spiral manner starting at the tip. Cut off the extra phyllo at the end of the asparagus
- Repeat with the phyllo until all the asparagus is rolled up.
- Brush the tops of the phyllo dough with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Put the asparagus on 2 parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 15- 20 minutes, until the phyllo is lightly golden brown.
To make the Lemon Dipping Sauce
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve with the asparagus. Chill if not using right away.