This is the very first banner I have ever made! I wanted a banner for my mantel this year. And it had to be super, super easy to make!!! At first I was going to make a MERRY CHRISTMAS banner, but I thought the banner would be too long. So, I decided on JOY~ JOY~ JOY. And it was the right choice. Christmas IS pure joy! This banner was also a joy to make! I’ll show you how…
It’s NO-SEW time again and my No-Sew blogging buddies and I are sharing some easy-to-make Christmas projects! Make sure you visit the projects at the end of this blog!
A banner can add an over-the-top pop to any Christmas decor!!!
Let’s make a banner!
- Burlap Banner Kit ( I got mine at A.C. Moore’s). My kit contained 12 burlap flags and a package of jute twine. I got it with a 50 % off coupon!
- white chalk
- white paint and a paintbrush
- hot glue or iron on fusing tape
- extra burlap and ribbons for sides (optional)
1. Get a pack of precut banners.
2. Now this is a case of don’t do as I say! Using Picmonkey or another digital software program, print out a “J” and an “O” and a “Y” to fit your banner size. Now let me tell you what I did… I went to Picmonkey and made a letter “J” . However, my printer is being stubborn and would not let me print.
3. So, I taped a burlap flags to the screen…
4. and gently copied the outline with white chalk. If you are printing out your letters (smart!) tape the burlap flags to the letters and copy over them with white chalk.
5. Paint the letters using a craft paint.
6. Turn down the top of each flag about 1/2 inch on the wrong side and iron.
7. Run the burlap twine sandwiched under each letter’s turned down flap. Do one letter at a time. Hot glue or use fusible tape and an iron to secure the flap in the back down with the string running through it. Each of my lettered flags are 1 1/2 inches apart. I used a blank flag between each word.
8 Hang the banner.
9. Add ribbons and burlap to each end of the banner.
Stop back tomorrow to see the whole mantel and JOY BANNER!
Make sure you check out the other EASY CHRISTMAS NO-SEW PROJECTS!
Remember to pin this to your CHRISTMAS Pinterest board. You can follow me HERE and see all the fun Christmas things I am pinning!