Meow… er, um…. HELLO! My name is Hobbes and I live at StoneGable. You might think that Yvonne and Bobby are my owners, but oh, no no no! I really own them. Here’s my story… I was born in a van in Lancaster city and then I lived in a police station… I guess I was a juvie! At the tender age of 10 weeks I was incarcerated for awhile at the local Humane League until Yvonne sprung me! I was the little cat that had its paws out between the bars, screaming to high heaven for someone to get me out! Yvonne fell in love with my precious face and very spunky attitude and brought me to StoneGable.
I’m thrilled for all of you to meet Hobbes! He and I want to thank the kind people at Litter Genie and Purina for sponsoring this post.
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Litter Genie® and Fancy Feast®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Catparents http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
I’m 3 years old now and run StoneGable like a well oiled machine! Most of the time I look like this…
Running StoneGable and being so lovable and magnificent is hard work!
Here are 10 fun (incredible and totally cool) facts about me and my life at StoneGable…
1.I am an indoor/outdoor cat. I’m responsible for keeping all rodents from the inside of StoneGable. This is a boring job… no mice so far. Wait, maybe that’s because I am so fearful the mice are totally intimidated by my brawn! Yes, that’s it! But, I am also on rodent patrol around the perimeter of the house. This is my very favorite job! Believe me, I am very good at it. If there were a gold medal for rodent catching I would win, for sure! To show my love for my staff I leave them mice, without their heads, right outside the doors on a regular basis. Keeping my staff happy and indebted to me is so important!
I spend most of my day inside… but in the afternoon I like a good romp in the corn fields.
Here I am roaring like the lion inside me. This strikes fear in all creatures great and small!
2. I am fastidiously clean! Look at that gorgeous coat! I have nothing else to say on this subject.
3. I am the most talented purr-er! Loud, strong… sounds like music, really. I like to spend evenings sitting in the warm laps of Yvonne or Bobby. I let them stroke my fur. They love this! And to reward them I purr in a musical way! All cats should purr for their staff. It really makes them happy!
4. Yvonne rubs my ears. This puts me in a trance! Don’t tell Yvonne… I love this… a lot! If you have a cat give this a try.They just might love it as much as I do!
5. My best friend is a dog. I know I should hang my head in shame, but Scamp was here first and I have gotten used to him. We match. We are the same size and sorta the same color. He is an old man… 17 years old… and very wise (but not as wise as me… don’t tell him that). He is good company and we play together. I practice all my vermin attacking moves on him. He’s very cool except when he wears sweaters. He likes sweaters. Dude, you gotta ditch the preppie look!
6. I like toys. Pounce, pounce, pounce. I’m demonstrating how to play with them. Yvonne and Bobby have some very fun toys for me to pounce on and chase. You know cats don’t nap all day and need something to do!
7. I am so grand that Yvonne takes me to a place called THE VETS. Everyone loves me there! It must be the headquarters of my fan club! At THE VETS they rub my magnificent fur and show me off. They say I am a “a perfect specimen of my species!”. Of course, I am!!!!! Every cat should go to THE VETS and start a fan club!
8. I am a good eater for a cat. Other than a steady diet of field mice heads, I like Yvonne to prepare a meal especially for me. A cat needs good food to look like me! Of course, they do!
9. I have a one-of-a-kind tail! Yvonne says it looks like a “bottle brush”. I think it makes all the local cats jealous! Yes, it’s just another thing that makes me so lovable … and, of course magnificient!
Look and be amazed!
10. I don’t like a messy litter box… at all! I don’t know a cat that can tolerate a dirty box! It’s not good for us either. I have heard my staff talking about whose “turn” it is to scoop the clumps. I don’t think they like this job very much. Good staff is hard to find! A clean litter box means a happy, healthy cat. I told Yvonne about the LITTER GENIE! It is like a diaper genie for cats. Brilliant!!!! Cats must have come up with this concept!
I told Yvonne that it could sit right next to my litter box and that way the clumps could go in a little sanitary bag inside the pail. And there would be no “cat smells” because they are trapped inside the Litter Genie along with the clumps.
Must I teach them EVERYTHING? Open the lid, put in the clumps, close the lid and pull the front handle that seals in waste and odors! It can hold kitty waste for 14 days! Again, brilliant!
It even has a nice handle to move it around… whatever that is!
Guess what? Lookie what I got!!!!
Here’s a picture of me when Yvonne brought home a LITTER GENIE from Target. Of course, I was jumping and leaping and screaming with joy. Yvonne had a hard time getting me in focus. I was all over the place. I am the fastest cat ever!
I got a little excited… “OH MY GOODNESS, IT’S A LITTER GENIE! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! LITTER GENIE, LITTER GENIE, LITTER GENIE! JUST WHAT I WANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!”
My staff quickly unwrapped it … and put it together. It was so easy to do I didn’t even have to supervise!
This little contraption holds the litter bags!
I love my Litter Genie! Okay, one last pose… and yes, I am handsome! Don’t I have the most round, soulful eyes? Of course I do!
Now, I’m exhausted! Yvonne, take over… I’m taking a much needed nap!
Thanks, Hobbes! He really is an adorable cat! As a cat owner I’m always on the lookout for great and healthy products for him.
Take advantage of a special in-store offer…Buy any two Fancy Feast 24 pack, or Litter Genie/refill pack and get a free cat toy or Friskies party mix cat treats while supplies last. The offer is good until 4/11/15. I took advantage of this offer and got my Litter Genie and refills at Target!
Help me get the word out about this great offer. Please pin this to your Pinterest boards and other social media! But even more importantly, Hobbes would like to go viral… of course he would!