There’s French Bread Pizza and there’s FRENCH BREAD PIZZA. I’ve rediscovered it again and I’m hooked. The great thing about this crispy crust pizza is that it is super easy to make and can feed a crowd! I first made this for a Bible Study luncheon and everyone loved it! Even if you are not a cook, you can make this! Perfect for lunch or dinner. Add a salad and you have a meal! I keep all the ingredients on hand to make when I really don’t feel like cooking a big meal!
This is one yummy recipe!
- 1 large loaf of french bread, not sliced ( I like to use Italian loaves best)
- 4 TBS butter
- 4 TBS olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or pressed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz. jar of pizza sauce
- 2 bags mozzarella cheese (I use about 1 1/2 bags for both halfs of the bread)
- any extra toppings like pepperoni, artichoke hearts, crumbled cooked sausage, onion, green peppers or what you like on a pizza
- Heat oven at 450 °
- Put the butter, oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan and simmer on low until the butter melts. Turn off the flame and let the ingredients sit in the saucepan for 5 minutes so the ingredients will infuse the butter sauce.
- Meanwhile, cut the french bread loaf horizontally. Open and put each half on the same large baking sheet that is lined with aluminum foil. It may hang over a little... no problem!
- Brush crust side of each half loaf with the butter sauce and use the remainder to brush the inside of each half.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Take the loaf out of the oven and add the sauce to each half and then top with the cheese and any other topping.
- Return the oven and bake until very golden brown and the cheese is melted. If your cheese needs a little browning turn on the broiler and broil until golden.
- Cut it into slices and serve.
- I make 2 french bread pizzas at a time. They go fast!
- I put fresh tomatoes on the top of my french bread pizza to brighten up the flavor and then put the pizza under the broiler until the cheese got golden brown.
Did you know that I have a Pinterest board called “Foodie Friday”? You can find over 2,200 amazing recipes there! All StoneGable picked!
You can follow me on Pinterest HERE.