Here is another easy-t0-make Christmas diy. CLOTHESPIN SNOWFLAKES are one of the prettiest ornaments I’ve come across in awhile! Who knew that spring-type clothespins could make great snowflakes!!! I dug into my clothespin bag (yes, I still hang clothes on the line… country girl, remember) and used a handful for this so so easy Christmas project!
This is the last post in …
5 creative bloggers and me are winding down all the fun Christmas diy’s we’ve been sharing for weeks! Make sure you visit their Christmas projects at the end of this post.
And if you missed any of my diy’s make sure you check them out too!
Today I’m sharing a very easy-peasy CLOTHESPIN ORNAMENT. I first saw this delicate ornament on Pinterest and traced it down to my blogging friend, Paula from SWEET PEA.
I just thought these little (in real life they are not so little) snowflakes were so simple and just beautiful! And I knew I’d have to make them. Paula and I made them quite similarly. I did tweak her directions just a tad to fit my style. You will want to check out Paul’s blog SWEET PEA to see her adorable ornaments and all the other wonderful posts on her creative blog! Thanks, Paula!!!
I’m going a little crazy and making them by the dozens… to hang on my tree, to put on gifts and to tuck into Christmas arrangements and wreaths.
CLOTHESPIN SNOWFLAKE ORNAMENTS
Here’s what you will need
- spring-type clothespins, taken apart
- white craft paint
- glue (I used super glue and hot glue)
- burlap twine
1. Gather 6 spring-type clothespins for each snowflake
2. Take then apart and discard the springs
3. Paint each clothespin white and immediately add glitter
4. Glue two flat sides of the clothespins together making 1 arm of the snowflake. I used Super Glue to adhere them together. Worked great!!!
5. Glue 6 snowflake arms together attaching the sides at the top of the clothespin, as shown. I used hot glue for this. Paula used e600 glue and I think I’ll try that next!
6. Using a burlap tread, make a loop and attach the ends to the back of the snowflake.
Easy and sooooooo pretty… and not rocket science! Even if you are not very crafty you could make these!!!!
Please stop by my fellow COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS bloggers and see what creative project they are sharing!
Remember to pin this to your CHRISTMAS or DIY Pinterest Boards. You can follow me HERE and see all the holiday things I am pinning!
And follow me on Facebook. More about StoneGable, questions of the day, pins of the day and my favorite posts from other bloggers… and more! Follow HERE.