Creating a seasonal vignettes is my favorite way to decorate the kitchen table! It’s so much fun to play with my dishes and fun elements to make a vignette that brings the outdoor season inside! This spring vignette is all about tulips and stock and eggs and bunnies and that beautiful spring green that all of nature turns after a long winter’s nap… You can see all the talented bloggers who are participating at the end of this post. This vignette started with a big round basket that I use for most vignettes……
One of my favorite snacks to have on hand when StoneGable is full of family or company is homemade Chex Mix. It’s great munchy food… and has an even more intense flavor when it is the kicked up version!!! It differs slightly from the original recipe but it sure makes a difference! I make a double batch and put it in a big glass jar on the counter! It doesn’t last very long!!
- 3 cups wheat chex cereal
- 3 cups rice chex cereal
- 3 cups corn cereal
- 2 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1 cup thin pretzel sticks
- 1 cup garlic flavored bagel chips
- 1 cup sesame seed sticks
- Mix above ingredients in a large bowl.
- 10 TBS unsalted butter
- 4 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- a dash or two of hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Put in a microwave proof bowl and heat until the butter is melted. Stir to incorporate.
- Drizzle on the chex mixture and stir gently to distribute.
- Put the chex mix onto 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Cook for 1 hours, stirring every 15 minutes and rotate the baking sheets.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container or jar.
- Make a double batch. This does not last long!!!