If you are visiting me, here at StoneGable, then I have a pretty good idea that you must love all things home and decorating! ME TOO! Today’s post is a clearinghouse of ideas and tips and images to help you (and me) love decorating even more, do it more effortlessly and thoughtfully and become a pro!!! I’ve spent decades compiling a decor knowledge base by reading and trial and error and decorating my home over and over again. I have never gone to school for decor, but the time and effort I have put into this passion has honed my home decor skills. I hope you will like these references and use them in your home too!
- One of the most helpful things you, the home decorator, need to know and get comfortable with is YOUR STYLE. I can’t stress how important it is to take the time and get to know what you really love and don’t. What you feel comfortable in and what does not float your boat! This is the first step in being a fabulous home decorator! HOW TO KNOW YOUR STYLE is a way to creating a beautiful home that you feel comfortable in! A MUST READ!
2. Let’s talk PAINT! One of the top 5 questions I get asked is about paint color! It can give us all angst! We really want to get it right! I think finding the perfect paint color is one of the hardest, trickiest and most frustrating parts of home decor. NOW, that I have said that… when we nail the perfect color it’s like winning a gold medal! It’s so so worth leaning HOW TO FIND THAT PERFECT PAINT COLOR and use is the right way in our homes!
3. I can’t tell you how much money I have wasted on decor mistakes. Buying something that I may have loved, and then finding that it really was all wrong for my home! Here are 10 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE BUYING HOME DECOR! This post will save you money, time and lots of decor headaches!
4. What is a well decorated home without PILLOWS! I confess, I am a big time pillow addict! I love them!!! Many of us buy a pillow that we love, which is fine… but we do it without thinking of how that pillow will incorporate and go with the other pillows we own. So we end up with pillows that don’t always work together! HOW TO BUILD A PILLOW COLLECTION LIKE A PRO will help you create a compilation of great pillow groupings and with lots of beautiful options for using them together!
5. One of the very best things we can learn as home decorators is how to create a simple vignette. A vignette brings so much interest into a room, is a very personal decor statement and gives our rooms life! I can not express how important this one design element is! HOW TO STYLE A TRANSITIONAL VIGNETTE is a step-by-step “how to” for building a vignette that can transition from season to season and be the star of your beautiful rooms!
Today’s post is like a Decorating 101 Course!!! I hope you read each post… going through it and taking it all in!!! My sincere desire is for all of us to love our homes and create beautiful and meaningful spaces for ourselves, our loved ones and all who walk through our doors!
You might want to save this as a reference to your Pinterest DECOR or DECORATING or HOME boards. You can follow me on Pinterest and see all the great things I’m finding to pin HERE!