NEW UPHOLSTERED BENCH REVEAL

Here we are… seven slow months into my dining room makeover! Today I’m sharing the most recent addition… the upholstered bench…

A little while ago I showed you an upholstered bench I bought at World Market.
Great bench… very sturdy… and it even had wheels!!!
But the color was all wrong for my dining room.
Nothing that some pretty fabric and paint couldn’t solve!!!

One of the nicest perks about living in Lancaster County is the wealth of great and inexpensive artisans!
In less than a week (and under $150.00) my new bench was ready for my dining room…
I am so lucky to have an excellent upholsterer just across a few farm fields and an orchard!  Mr. Shenk worked his magic… even tufting my bench with 20 perfectly covered buttons!

I am now thinking that I need to replace the dining room carpet with a solid neutral…   I’ll live with it for a little bit to make sure.

Next are the drapes. I keep putting them off!!!! It’s time to just do it!!!

Pin It

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Keep the current rug, everything looks so lovely. Wish I had access to your Mr. Shenk. He does beautiful work.
    MJL in NC

2. Anonymous says

like it. are you making the drapes? i would get a rug with muted colors. like Modern Art Area Rug – Ivory/Multi for target ( just to show you what i am talking about). love the flowers.

• Anonymous says

i am just looking at so rugs on Joss and Main. there are some really pritty one’s and there is one that looks like the one at target.

I love it Yvonne, and definitely think you should keep the rug! The colors and textures between the rug and fabric work so well together. Can’t wait to see the drapes!

4. Anonymous says

Keep the rug! It adds such interest to the room with your luxurious bench(colors and textures)! I love the way it looks now!

Beautiful room!!!!!!! The bench looks much better with the new fabric. You have such great taste and it shows in every room in your home. Have a great week. Sheila

6. Anonymous says

The bench looks marvelous! I love the rug!! It adds the layered feel, brings out the wood tones of your furniture & makes all the textured pieces pop. JMO haha…whatever you decide, I’m sure will be wonderful :) I’m anxious to see your drapery reveal!

Oh how very beautiful…and how fortunate are you to have such a great upholsterer nearby!..The dining room is magnificent…a true beauty….and I really love the windows as they are…such beautiful trim work…would the drapes hide the trim work?

I LOVE LOVE the bench and the fabric on it! Perfection! I personally LOVE the rug and the way the colors in it pull in all the different neutrals in the room…..I think it is much more interesting and exciting than something completely neutral. I wrote my comment without reading others too! One question, do you worry at all about how much weight the bench can hold because it is so long of space between the legs? Just wondering. Now what will you do with your other beautiful dinning room chairs?

Yvonne, When I look at the close up of the bench and rug, it looks kind of “busy”, but when I look at the picture of the whole room, the rug looks just right. I am a person who loves texture and a layered look so with that in mind, Girlfriend, in my humble opinion, you’ve nailed it!! So-so beautiful!
    Linda in Lititz

I love the bench and the changes that you made to it!! I love the colors and decor that you have added to your space!! Your dining room is going to be amazing when it’s finished!

HOW PRETTY!!! I’m glad you *outsourced* this one, Yvonne! They did a fabulous job that was well worth the money. It looks GORGEOUS in your beautiful room.

That fabric is just luscious. Did you think to ScotchGuard it? Just a thought. Once those grandbabies start coming over with their juice boxes & sticky fingers, you’re going to need to protect it. ~~voice of experience here~~

Hope you’re having a wonderful week, Hon!
    Hugs,
    Rett

13. Anonymous says

Love the bench. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to cover the windows–they are so beautiful, and what a view!

Yvonne the bench is gorgeous. I love the fabric, the trim and the tufting! This makes me miss my upholsterer when I lived in California..reasonable and great attention to detail.

xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designers Series

Yvonne, my goodness. Love, oh I love that fabric!! What a gorgeous job he did and of course fabulous choices you made. Love your room, and I was thinking how much I love the rug!! I think I have mentioned before how much I love your table. It really stands out with everything else around it. We have a great upholsterer here also and when I can afford to get Luis’ favorite chair done, off it will go to him. Just beautiful:-)

You will have to put me in touch with Mr. Shenk! I would truly LOVE to reupholster our living room sofa! I love that fabic and the tufting is perfection. I like the rug in there, I really do. Now, you are MORE than welcome to stay in my guest room ANY time!!!! The tobacco basket is old, I found it MANY years ago when I was collecting baskets. It was the only thing I could afford to use on my walls:):):) If I see one I will let you know. XOXO

Hi Yvonne!
    I think the whole room looks like a cover shot from a home dec magazine. Every little details! Looks fantastic and your Mr. Shenk did a wonderful job.

Have a great Fourth!
    xox
    Alison

18. Anonymous says

I love how the colors in your rug complement the wood of your dining table. I fear your room would disappear without these warm, rich tones contrasting with all your lovely neutral pieces.

The bench is eight kinds of pretty. The chandy is quite gorgeous too. Joe and I have been hanging a chandelier today-a great test of a relationship.

The room is absolutely gorgeous! May I ask where you found those beautiful arm chairs? I’ve looked high and low for that size chair! You are such an inspiration!

Yvonne,
    Gorgeous bench with elegant upholstery and the tufting is perfection!!!
    Your dining room is a beautiful reflection of your Farmhouse Elegance Style, dear friend!!! I adore the contrast in the rug.
    Believe me, I understand the drapery situation. . .
    I have a sewing project that I, too, am putting off for the moment. . .
    Fondly,
    Pat

22. Anonymous says

I think everything looks exquisite. I especially love the fabric on the bench and chairs. Just beautiful!

This bench is fantastic, love, love the fabric!! I really like the way everything looks with the rug. I can’t wait to see what the window treatments look like. Have a great 4th!

Cynthia

Love your tufted bench Yvonne! Your upholsterer did a wonderful job, love the fabric ever since you first revealed it!

OK talented lady I want to know where to get the fabric. I love it and think I posted earlier but that fabric has been on my mind. You did just awesome. xoxoxo

Everything is beautiful. I love your rug with your new fabrics and paint. I would be sad to see it go! It adds interest to the room.

27. Anonymous says

It looks beautiful. I would keep the rug as it goes so well, especially with the texture on the bench fabric. Are you goiung to drape the window that shows in the picture? I wouldn’t, if anything maybe a shutter.

Yvonne, I Love it. I saw a post a while back about your Chandelier…. I can not seem to find it. Can you tell me where you purchased it? Thanks in advance.

I just bought this bench at World Market & will pick it up tonight. They have discontinued it and they had one left in the box for $139. Bargain galore & I am so excited. Planning to paint the base with dark navy almost black chalk paint and distress it.