GREEN HYDRANGEAS TABLESCAPE

Summer is sizzling away, here at StoneGable! So let’s move inside for an easy summer meal.  And let’s keep it simple… right down to the tablescape!
The Annabelle hydrangeas that kiss the front porch all summer long have turned color early this year! When they change from white to green it is my cue that they are ready to be cut and dried. For a post about drying hydrangeas click here.

These soft green hydrangeas are the inspiration for this light, uncomplicated table… it is too hot to fuss…

Two cool, white linen table runners (Pottery Barn) are spread across the table and take the place of placemats.

They are embroidered with a leaf design running along each side.
Each place is set on a large woven charger (Pier 1).  A natural looking element, like this charger, gives a table a more relaxed feel.
 A stack of green and white dishes are topped off with a pretty flower bowl (HomeGoods and Pier 1).  Using dishes with interesting edges and great detail makes them so interesting!
These well-loved cotton napkins (HomeGoods) are caught up along with the green handled flatware in a small birch wreath.  Again, very casual and unfussy!
I have a box full of these versatile little wreaths (Old Millhouse Shoppe). Today they are being used as napkin rings.
Green bubble glasses (HomeGoods) keep with the verdant theme!
The centerpiece is a galvanized drink carrier (Pottery Barn) filled with hydrangeas! I love the simple look of the galvanized metal with the the blooms! This arrangements suites my farmhouse style kitchen!
It fills the center of the table, but is low enough to see across it with ease.
Just for a little something extra, sweet small galvanized containers (Candle Barn, Intercourse Pa) hold a cluster of hydrangeas. These will be take-home gifts for my guests!
I am always on the lookout for interesting little “tidbits”, like these containers, to add to my tables and give to my guests.
Come out of the heat and join me for a cool summer meal!  How about  a big glass of StoneGable Iced Tea!
THE MENU
(click on each item for recipes)
Pin It

TABLESCAPE THURSDAYS at Between Naps On The Porch

Comments

Breathtaking Yvonne! I have the same place mats and I love what you did with the raffia? on the napkins. Hydrangeas make the most wonderful arrangments for the table…and this one is as pretty as they get!

This is not simple looking at all! Very sophisticated and inviting! I always love your beautiful tablescapes! I am going to pin this one.

Yvonne, the elegant simplicity of this table offers a refreshing respite from the summer heat. Every detail says, join me for a relaxed sojourn at the table, and the menu is spot on. What time are you serving? ~ Sarah

It’s just wonderful and so pretty I love the Green hydrangeas, I had some at Mom’s house in a huge pot…Took one home and they turned a dark fushia pink in the ground..and I can’t enough of those pretty green plates…and the bowl is very cute…I love those colors Just perfect for summer….Great inspiration…thank you for your sweet visit too…Have a great day today..with love Janice

Unconnected, the whole time I was looking at this beautiful summer scape I was thinking “cucumber soup”, great minds I guess. As always your table is so well thought out and inviting. Thanks for sharing.

I was so glad to see you at my blog! Thanks so much for following and commenting! I am super excited about learning how to dry hydrangeas and your table looks stunning! As for the menu…I’m craving every bit of it and will definitely be pinning away! Thanks again and have a great Tuesday!

I’m on the hunt for those mini wreaths – I love every post that you use them in. Now I’m so inspired I need to find them. I love how sweet, pretty and yet rustic they are. And the green – sooo pretty. Just lovely!!

Yvonne this is gorgeous! I love the Hydrangeas when they turn green. This color is amazing and I love how you brought all the elements together on this table. Shades of green and textures. One of my favorites! Hugs, Linda

Love this table Yvonne…my favorite green hydrangeas! The dishes are perfect and I love those chargers.. I have those chargers too and use them often! Gorgeous!!
    Miss Bloomers

I love the “unfussiness” of it all! With the heat up in the 100+ range again today, this is the kind of tablescape I can really get on board with. (Yes, I know I ended a sentence in a preposition! :-)) Oooh….watching the Nate Berkus Show. Orange chargers at Michael’s. Sorry…I have the attention span of a gnat! Your hydrangea are just beautiful!!! They’re so full and lush! The soft green of your dishes is wonderful, too. With little green grass around these days, it’s a welcome sight!!!! I’m not sure what a peach dumpling is. I’ll have to Google that! Have a great afternoon!

Yvonne,

You truly take my breath away. Honestly my heart pounds harder when I see your beautiful designs and work and recipes. This is one of my all-time favs- greens and browns with natural wood/metal – seriously straight out of What I Deem Perfect.

Wow, oh my gosh I want to come dine there right now!

Favorite one EVER.
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your tablescape. I feel the coolness all the way over to here in CA! Thanks for your creativity and inspiration. Debbie @ MakeItDelightful.com

What a lovely post. The table is beautiful and the food sounds delicious. I’d love to be there! Have a great day. Blessings…Mary

Just beautiful! I really don’t know what else to say! Your table is gorgeous, the photos are stunning and the menu is so refreshing! You are such an inspiration!

Yvonne, a lovely table as always. But I would love to see a picture of the whole table. Those of us that are “design impaired” need to see the whole look. Thanks.

Yvonne,
    Tranquil, refreshing, simplicity at its finest! Love the use of two runners versus placemats! StoneGable Iced Tea is one of my favorites…and I’m not ususally an Iced Tea drinker! Thanks for diverting my mind from the triple digits with this amazing tablescape!
    Fondly,
    Pat

Yvonne, I am always blown away how serene green and white are.. especially when mixed with rustic anything. You combined it all so perfectly.. In love with the bowls and the patterned plates.. I just love this.. xo marlis

No matter the temp outside, at your table the greens whites, and natural elements minister to your guests and make it like a cool summer day with the softest of breezes. Beautiful! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

I hardly EVER drink Iced tea but YOURS is SOOOOO good I truly enjoy it! Your table is stunning, again! The green and white salad plates are so similiar to the ones we saw today!!!! Of course I love your hydrangeas and the green bowls are SO sweet. See you Friday!!!! XOXO

Simply Lovely! You have some very lucky guests! So inspiring. You have a beautiful blog. I am now following. Thank you for your sweet comment. xx

What a beautiful tablescape, Yvonne! I would feel very special at this table! I lost a hydrangea this year, and none of the others produced any flowers…yours are really lovely! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my magazine post!

This is beautiful Yvonne and the perfect recipe & cooling table for a sizzling summer! I love the green stage of the Annabelles~ my MIL’s have already turned that gorgeous color! I adore your “stack” topped with your blooming green bowls and what delightful galvanized vases to your guests to take home!

So simple, pretty, refreshing and green! And what better to serve than the cucumber soup! I love the bowels. Thanks for the inspiring prettiness!

OMGoodness, Yvonne, I LOVE this tablescape! It is so cool, calm and serene. You’re so right, that it looks casual, but oh so beautiful. I wish I could grow hydrangeas.

I just love it when the hydrangeas turn a beautiful shade of green…they look so fantastic on the table with the the gorgeous green dinnerware…I am so jealous that you can shop in that beautiful town of Intercourse….one of my favorite places to be!
    Gorgeous, gorgeous table Yvonne!

This tablescape is so beautiful. I love how you’ve used the wreaths as napkin rings and the hydrangeas are so beautiful. I just planted two Annabelle bushes this summer so your post is making me hope that next year they will bloom!

I’m sure the word “gorgeous” has already been taken, but it is! I adore your style, I am a HUGE new fan of your blog and plan to follow it religiously as I finally start setting up my first real home! I just got a teeny blue hydrangea and they are quickly becoming a favorite. Thank you!
    Dimplesanddelights.blgspot.com

My favorite setting of the day. With it hitting the triple digits today all I will need to do to cool down is revisit your soothing table. You are one who inspired me to start a blog and my visits to your site always inspires.

Wow…beautiful, simply beautiful. There are so many pretty goodies to love. I love your dishes but I think the glassware and chargers are my favorites. Truthfully, you had me with the hydrangeas! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Between Naps on the Porch.

I doubt I can say anything that hasn’t already been said as your table is a delight. It fits the season perfectly and cools things off beautifully. One of your best!

Oh my Gosh – this is beautiful! This is all that I love!! The natural elements, layering of the dishes, the use of different textures – woods and metals, hards and softs – just fabulous!!! I have been working out of town all week and am finally getting a chance to sit down and look at my favorite blogs! Glad I didn’t miss this one!!

love this arrangement! so serene! could you tell me where you purchased the silverware? I was given some as a gift but not a full set and would love to add to my set. plus I’m about to get on Pier One to find those dishes!!

• says

Great question! The hydrangeas are called Annabelles. They begin white and after blooming for a few weeks the turn this lovely green all by themselves! Annabelles are so easy to grow and very showy!I hope you will try them too!